It’s time to take a break from all the stressors of life, and lie down in the comfort of your own backyard. That means it’s time to invest in a new backyard hammock!
The best choice that we have to offer is the Vivere Double Cotton Hammock with Space Saving Steel Stand, Denim. It’s colorful, saves space with it’s personal steel stand, and is reinforced with cotton to make sure that you are extra comfortable during your time of ease and relaxation.
If you’re intrigued, good! You can compare to the other fabulous options that we have to offer you. So check out our list of the 16 best backyard hammocks!
15 Backyard Hammock Reviews
Our favorite pick is the Vivere Double Cotton combo. It’s a brazilian, double-layered hammock accommodated with a stand, as well as an included carry bag for your convenience.
It has a gracious and colorful style, and is securely woven with dual, high quality cotton thread, which makes the fabric very durable! It’s capable of handling the heat and sunlight, and is a perfect choice for your backyard, the beach, or a camping trip.
The ends of the hammock are made with strong polyester strings that have a long life line against unexpected weather conditions. The double layers of cotton also make this hammock nice and comfy for you and your partner to snuggle up in!.
The stand for the hammock is made of heavy duty Steel, and doesn’t need tools to be assembled! At 9 feet long, this double cotton hammock is comfortably suitable for two adults or three children.
- Stylish with various color.
- Easy assembly that can be completed in minutes.
- Spacious and comfortable
- 450 pound weight capacity
- Comes in 2 other material styles
- Space-saver due to the free-stand
- Follow proper washing and drying instructions to prevent material shrinkage.
2. Sorbus Hammock with Spreader Bars and Detachable Pillow, Heavy Duty, 450 Pound Capacity, Accommodates 2 People, Perfect for Indoor/Outdoor Patio, Deck, Yard (Hammock with Stand, Blue/Red)
The Sorbus Hammock is a premium product that features a free-standing frame, a detachable pillow, and spreader bars to keep you nice and stable so you always easily adjust yourself. With its multicolored pattern scheme, it’s present with comfort, style, and fun, and makes a great addition to your garden or deck lounge.
It’s constructed with one layer of heavy-duty cotton fabric that is exclusively treated to protect you from the suns’ UV light. The solid wood spreader bar keeps the hammock stable enough to allow two people, or up to 450 pounds, to lay on it with ease and convenience.
The solid high quality steel frame provides sturdiness for the hammock.
The entire package measures at 9.8 feet wide and 12 feet long; while the hammock bed itself measures at 75 inches x 55 inches, or 6 ½ feet by 4 ½ feet. It’s machine washable; simply follow the specific instructions provided in the guidebook to extend the life your your new Sorbus Hammock.
- Easy to assemble and relocate
- You can detach the hammock from the free-strand!
- Weather resistant
- Soft and comfy fabric
- May have jagged edges
- Requires stability and stillness
3. Sunnydaze Cotton Rope Freestanding Hammock with 12 Foot Portable Steel Stand and Spreader Bar, Indoor or Outdoor Use, Pad and Pillow Included, Desert Stripe
At 12 feet long and 4 ½ feet wide, the 36 pound Sunnydaze Cotton Rope Hammock is sure to satisfy your spatial needs. The hammock bed stretches out to about 6 ¼ feet of pure comfort and relief.
When purchased, you’ll receive a 100% pure cotton rope hammock, free-stand frame, hardwood spreader bars, a polyester sleeping pad, and a detachable pillow! The hammock pad is created with the weather in mind, and has a resistant, solution-dyed acrylic fabric with inner quilting for extra enjoyment; it also extends the life of the fabric and overall quality of the hammock pad. Awesome, right? There’s even a promised 1-year warranty!
Take advantage of the fact that it has easy assembly stages, and only requires one person to set it up; two if you want to get the job done faster. It has two metal hanging chains and two metal O-rings, making it simple enough to simply attach and hook it to the well-built steel-frame.
- Durable design.
- Spacious enough for two people.
- 275 pound weight capacity.
- High quality material in 9 striking pattern designs.
- Has chemicals that are known to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Lack weather resistant material.
- Can be a challenge to clean.
Definitely meant for outdoor activities like camping, the Eagles Nest Outfitters DoubleNest Hammock is durable enough to share with a friend, compact enough to fit in your hiking bag, and versatile enough to be attached to just about any strong and sturdy post that you can find.
It extremely lightweight, weighing in at only 19 ounces – that’s a little over one pound! – It comes with an attached storage bag, and when it’s unfolded , the hammock stretches out at 9 feet 4 inches long, and 6 feet 2 inches wide.
Instead of falling to the ground, you can fall casually to sleep with the 70D high tenacity Nylon Taffeta material. It dries pretty fast if it there’s a small drizzle of rain, very breathable, and can handle up to 400 pounds.
Also, it’s aluminum wiregate carabiners, along with the nautical grade line with stainless steel snap links will secure your new hammock to any viable post.
- Extremely lightweight!
- Fast drying material.
- Can conveniently be attached against many platforms.
- Hammock straps are not included.
- Stitching and color may be different from advertised photos.
- The product and its packaging may have different information than what is advertised.
When you think of a hammock, the style of the Presidential Duracord Rope Hammock is probably what comes to mind. It has a premium blend of cotton and polyester, which makes it both durable to last against unexpected weather, as well as soft enough to take a pleasant nap.
DuraCord is one of the strongest and densest ropes that there is to offer, so you won’t have to worry about swinging too much or sinking to the very bottom. The Oak spreader add a nice touch to the design as well, and aids in the stability of the hammock; and due to the zinc-coated hardware, it’s protected against rust for a longer outdoor life; and it uses 15 percent more rope than other competitors, making it a sturdier hammock bed.
Oh yeah! Let’s not forget that the Presidential Duracord Rope Hammock is about 13 feet long by 65 inches wide; and when it’s stretched out, it reaches to 14 feet to 16 feet! That’s big enough for you and your friends, right?
- 450 pound weight capacity.
- Extremely spacious.
- Can be connected to stand or to posts.
- High quality material.
- Pillow and stand are sold separately.
- Cord color may fade over time when left in the sun.
6. Belleze 12 ft Rope Hammock Combo with Stand, Pad and Pillow, iPad and Cup Holder (Blue and Green Stripe)
Let’s get to the best part: the Belleze Rope Hammock Combo includes a pillow and a pillow pad – making it even more comfortable, – a cup holder, and an iPad holder! Now that’s a fancy hammock.
Continuing, this multifunctional hammock consist of hand-made ropes that are 100 percent cotton; the hammock pad is made of polyester for stability, comfort, and strength, and the pillows are filled with polyethylene for your comfort.
Because of the rope-base and polyester padding, this hammock can hold only up to 275 pounds, and there are no tools necessary for assembly. The total dimensions of the hammock is measures at just about 12 feet long, 4 ½ feet wide, and 3 feet high. Perfect for wanting some alone time.
For defense, it has a powder-coated round steel tube frame that come with rubber cap for the feet of the legs, which will protect your floors from scuffs and scratches.
- Great quality for the price
- Easy assembly
- Takes less than 5 minutes to put together
- Stand could use more reinforcement
7. Sorbus Double Hammock with Steel Stand Two Person Adjustable Hammock Bed – Storage Carrying Case Included (Blue/Green)
Double the material for double the comfort! The Sorbus Double Hammock can astonishingly hold up to 450 pounds of weight, and fit two people on it comfortably. It also has five height options, so you can be as high or low as you’d like; definitely a great feature to have.
The stand is constructed with weather-resistant, powder coated steel, and has a total length of 7 feet long and 5 feet wide. The blue and green color scheme is designed with the cotton and polyester material, and makes it both durable and comfortable to rest on while reading a book or enjoying your backyard barbeque.
The 2-layered hammock is also easy to move around, and save a lot of space because of the quick setup and breakdown of the stand. The bedding hangs, so that allows your entire body to completely relax, which is what you want, right?
- Carrying case included.
- Affordable price.
- Can fit up to 2 people.
- Nylon material that won’t rip under small pressure.
- Choking hazard for small children due to small parts.
- Bedding may fold or wrap.
Basic; yet stylish, functional and fun, the AmazonBasics Fabric Hammock will satisfy you if you looking for simplicity and effectiveness. It’s about 9 feet long, and a little over 5 feet wide from end-to-end; and since is can hold up to 400 pounds, it can comfortably fit you and a friend without a problem.
The fabric is a basic blend of the typical fabrics that are used for hammocks: 53 percent polyester for durability, 33 percent cotton for softness, 11 percent rayon, and 3 percent nylon. This provides a multifaceted feel during your rest.
Another great feature about the AmazonBasic Fabric Hammock is that it can be attached to both a free stand – which is included, – or a post, like a tree or wall, because of the hooks that are included; so place it in your backyard for the summer and rest the day away!
- All parts are included – no need for extra tools.
- Economically efficient price.
- Makes for a great gift!
- Easy assembly.
- Recommended to only use the second/third/fourth or fifth hole to keep from sinking onto the ground while in use.
- Have to lay down diagonally to keep the hammock open.
9. Best Choice Products Portable Indoor Outdoor 2-Person Cotton Double Hammock Set w/ Steel Stand and Storage Case, Desert Stripes
If you are looking for comfort for the purpose of relieving stress, the Cotton Double Hammock set is a great choice. It has a high curve which lifts the body which assists in better blood circulation; thus, relieving some of that soreness you may have from a long day of working.
It has a solid rating for strength and durability because it has steel frames that are coated with all-weather resin. So if there’s a light rain shower, your frame should be just fine; or simply move the hammock inside, considering that it’s designed for both the house and the backyard.
The hammock has a length of 6 feet, with a width of almost 5 feet, making it a cozy fit for you and your loved one.
Did I mention that it’s an easy assembly? The package includes wingnut fasteners, which allows set up and disassembly fast and direct! Also, the stand is included, along with a carrying case that makes it convenient to to relocate from the patio, to the beach, and back to the yard with ease.
- Affordable price.
- Easy to maneuver and assemble.
- Carrying case included.
- Helps to minimally relieve physical pain.
- May be challenging to exit the hammock.
10. Lazy Daze Hammocks 12 Feet Space Saving Steel Hammock Stand with Cotton Rope Hammock Combo, Includes Quilted Polyester Hammock Pad, Pillow, Mag Bag and Cup Holder, Classic Brown Stripe
This hammock has an accurate title!
The Cotton Rope Hammock from Lazy Daze will put your mind at ease, and your body to sleep. The structure of the hammock is about 6 ½ feet long and 4 ½ feet wide, and can support up to 275 pounds. The durable hardwood spreader bar is coated with powder with an oil-rubbed finish for stability and style!
What will put you right to sleep the included quilted striped polyester pad, and the small, yet comfortable detachable head pillow that is stuffed with polyethylene for maximum comfort! The ropes are polyester as well, which makes it much more durable and provides great balance and strength.
Of course the steel stand is included, and is coffee coated to withstand various weather conditions, and keep the structure from rusting. The hammock is easy to move around, assemble and transport to your next backyard fiesta, or use for your long, overdue naptime. Enjoy it!
- Very comfortable.
- Sturdy and spacious.
- Fairly priced.
- Spreader included.
- Easy to assemble.
- Wood finish may rub off overtime.
- The pad is light and may flip in the wind (we recommend tying it down.)
11. XXL Hammock Chair Swing by Hammock Sky – for Patio, Porch, Bedroom, Backyard, Indoor or Outdoor – Includes Hanging Hardware and Drink Holder (Iced Coffee)
The XXL Hammock Chair swing is more than your average hammock. You’ll be able to lounge in this large 6 foot hammock; the soft cotton fabric is like a cloud that you can fully relax in. The cotton fabric bedding is solid, and is difficult to rip, which is a great safety feature. The thick spread bar allows for up to 330 pounds – two adults or three children to be safe, – to fit in it without a mishap of any of your loved one falling through.
One of the best features about the XXL Hammock Chair Swing is that it includes the complete hardware to hang it from your ceiling! It also comes with a cup holder for those days where a book a cup of tea is calling your name.
Get this: it only weighs five pounds, and because of the strong materials and durable hardware, Hammock Sky promises a lifetime warranty on the entire purchase!
- Huge bedding and extremely comfortable.
- Very fair price for the quality.
- No extra tools needed for set up.
- Makes for a great gift.
- Ceiling screw will loosen over time (we recommend tightening it after every few uses.)
12. PATIO WATCHER 14 FT Quick Dry Hammock with Double Size Solid Wood Spreader Bar Outdoor Patio Yard Poolside Hammock with Chains, Waterproof and UV Resistance, 2 Person 450 Pound Capacity
My first reaction: “Wow…” The Quick Dry Hammock is 14 feet long 4 1⁄2 feet wide and 11 ¼ feet from loop to loop, including the length of the steel chain link. It’s designed to safely withstand approximately 450 pounds, making it suitable for you and another to relax in.
It’s considered a “quick dry” because the material that it’s made of is Textilene, which is breathable, soft, comfortable, and weatherproof as well as oil proof! It’s also easy to clean because of the vinyl coating. The coating makes this hammock waterproof and UV resistant.
The wooden spread that comes with it has support holes that allow the 20 thick, braided ropes to go through it for extra durability and strength to hold up the 450 pounds that it can support. It has versatile uses, it’s portable, and can be placed just about you can think of because of the included links and chains.
- Backed with a 100 percent customer guarantee – refund or replacement if necessary! –
- Easy to put together.
- Sturdy and adequately fits one to two people.
- Adequately priced.
- Pad material may be considered uncomfortable.
13. Hammock Sky Brazilian Double Hammock – Two Person Bed for Backyard, Porch, Outdoor and Indoor Use – Soft Woven Cotton Fabric (Natural)
With the bedding measuring at 8 feet long and 4 ½ feet wide, the Brazilian Double Hammock has the capability to snuggle you up like a soft cocoon. Interestingly enough, after a few uses, the bedding starts to stretch out, which adds more comfort to your entire hammock experience.
This hammock is meant to encase you in comfort; 65 percent of it is made of colorfast cotton and 35 percent polyester. The polyester also helps to make cleaning the hammock a lot easier. It has a 475 pound weight capacity, which is the largest amount of support out of all of our great suggestions. It’s extremely lightweight, weighing in at only three pounds! Once again, it beats out our other awesome selections when it comes to being compact.
The hammock features an included carrying case, making easy to transport to your next camping or outdoor function, or if you want to simply use it as a bed inside of your house. We recommend that you disassemble and store this hammock inside of the back when you are finished using it.
- Child and pet-friendly.
- Fits one to two people.
- Durable with tightly woven cotton.
- Awesome price.
- May untie easily.
Get a great bang for your buck with the ONCLOUD Double Hammock. It’s a universal hammock, meaning that you can take it anywhere and hook it up to either the included stand, or to a wall or post. It’s created with both cotton and polyester for durability and comfort.
It extends to about 9 ½ to 11 ½ feet in total length. The ends of the hammock have 6 holes that are spaced 4 inches apart for convenient adjustability of the hook to maximize your comfort.The heavy-duty powder coated steel design has plastic caps with it to prevent scratches on your foundation, and create an organized finish.
With only five combined pieces and eight nobs, it can be assembled in less than ten minutes; how convenient! Don’t forget about the included carrying pack, which can be used for storage or relocation of the entire hammock.
If anything goes array, you can take full advantage of the free replacement guarantee.
- 100 percent money back guarantee.
- Compact and lightweight.
- All materials and tools included.
- Secure placement.
- Tight space for two people.
- Screws may loosen over time.
15. Petra Leisure 14 Ft. Teak Wooden Arc Hammock Stand + Quilted Beige Color, Double Padded Hammock Bed. 2 Person Bed. 450 LB Capacity
The premium Teak Wooden Arc Hammock finishes our list strong with a classy structure and style. From post-to-post, the hammock is 13 feet long; the bedding itself extends about 6 ½ feet long and 4 ¾ feet wide, which can closely fit two people.
The amazing post is made from European Larch Wood, stained and water treated to reduce the chances of molding or rotting; and can support up to 450 pounds. Now, the quilt that’s included it double padded for extra softness. It’s constructed with weather and fade resistant fabric, which is a major feature that will impress you over time of your use of it.
The Wooden Arc Hammock comes with “O” rings and steel chains at each end of the hammock, so you can hang it between the included hammock stand, or two sturdy trees. The design comes in various colors, so you’ll be able to choose the design that’s best for you!
- Amazing wood finish.
- Durable and strong post.
- Assembly can be easy.
- Post polish may fade over time due to sun exposure.
- Takes up ample amount of space.
- Big and heavy, weighing in at 95 pounds.
Things to Consider Before Buying
The average length of single-person hammock bed ranges from 76 inches to 79 inches, or 6 to 6 ½ feet long, with the width of the bed stretching out from 52 inches to 60 inches, or 4 to 5 feet wide.
Double hammocks are a larger investment that will comfortably fit two average sized adults inside of it. Double hammock beds tend to be between 74 and 79 inches, or 6 to 6 ½ feet long, and can be as wide as 5 to 10 feet!
How the hammock and anchored, and the suspension of it are two major factors to consider when deciding on which hammock to purchase. One extra person will make the difference between a gently swing in the breeze, and hard fall to the ground.
Generally, manufacturers recommend a hammock weight capacity between 300 and 400 pounds. At this capacity, two to three average sized adults can sit with ease on the hammock. Having more than the recommended weight can result in a broken hammock.
Backyard hammocks come in a variety of styles and materials for maximize your enjoyment and sweet relief.
Polyester is another common type of hammock material used to create backyard hammocks. Its integrity makes it more weather resistant to nature’s elements, and the color won’t fade as fast as cotton when it’s left in the sun; and don’t worry, some polyester hammocks are just as soft as cotton!
Cotton is the standard material to use when creating a hammock because it’s soft, versatile, and has more of a natural appearance than its counterpart fabrics. However, the color within cotton can fade over time when exposed to long-term sunlight, so store it indoors when your finished relaxing.
Tarps – Tarps are a covering that goes above the above the hammock. The uses of it are extremely convenient such as protecting you from rain or excessive sunlight. Always keep in mind your hammock size and the location of it when choosing the correct hammock tarp.
Clamps and Straps-When deciding on which straps and clamps to choose for your backyard hammock, think about the size and weight of the people that will be using it, the durability of the clamps and straps themselves, and the versatility of being able to hang it on various types of trees, because all are not the same.
A hammock suspension system is what allows the hammock to stay secured to the post with it, or you, falling from it. There are many types that can be used to enhance your resting experience, such as bolts, ropes, straps, even ropes can get the job the job done without worry or major complications.
Because of the different types of trees that are in this world, the top three best suspension systems are generally webbing, rope, and free-stand. With these 3 systems, hanging and securing your hammock will be a breeze that you will soon be able to comfortably relax in!
Types of Hammocks
Here are the most common hammock styles that will definitely suit you well:
- Rope: it can be either polyester or cotton; although polyester is more durable. With a rope hammock, invest in a spreader bar to keep from rocking too much or flipping over.
- Quilted: 2 layers of fabric that is filled with a soft material.
- Mayan: a high quality hammock that is capable of handling the curves of your body as they turn and twist for comfort.
- Poolside: it’s made of either Sunbrella and textilene material which allows for water to easily pass through it, with minimal moisture build-up.
How to Hang a Hammock in Your Backyard?
Simple instructions go a long way right? Now, it’s time to properly hang your backyard hammock:
- Make sure there is at least 18 to 24 inches of space between the length of the entire hammock, and the post.
- Use a measuring tape to determine how high you want your hammock; recommend 4 to 4 ½ feet high.
- Create the first holes in the spot that you chose, and screw the tree hooks into them
- Place an S hook on each end of the hammock straps, and attach them to the tree hooks.
There is more information you need to know about backyard hammocks.
Our list of the best 16 backyard hammocks is made with you in mind so that you can have the ultimate comfort within your budget.
Our top choice of the Vivere Double Cotton Hammock with Space Saving Steel Stand, Denim reigns supreme because it won’t fade like the Lazy Daze Cotton Rope Hammock, and way more affordable than the Teak Wooden Arc Hammon.
The Vivere Double Cotton Hammock includes all the materials that you’ll need for a sturdy and strong hammock, as well as double layered cotton to fulfill your desire for comfort and convenience.
You Might Also Like:
- 18 Best Backyard Tree Swings Reviews and Buying Guide
- 20 Best Backyard Fire Pits Reviews and Buying Guide
- 21 Best Backyard Trampolines Reviews and Buying Guide
- 22 Best Backyard Canopies Reviews and Buying Guide
- 13 Best Backyard String Lights Reviews and Buying Guide
Mike Zhang. Founder of FamilyLifeShare