One of the best events in family life is hearing the announcement of a baby coming. Husbands who have been waiting for a child will feel ecstatic when news of pregnancy is declared! If you are looking for unique and cool ways to tell your hubby that you are with child, check our list below:
40 Pregnancy Announcement Ideas to Tell Your Husband You Are Pregnant
- You can write your husband a letter. First, you can tell him how much you love him and how you adore him as a man and as a person. Then, go on and write on your letter about how awesome he will be when he becomes a dad. After reading the letter, you can show him the pregnancy test and shout that you are pregnant!
- When he arrives from work, don’t say anything. Turn off the lights before he goes inside your bedroom. Then, go under the sheets and keep the blanket covering you. Tell him to keep the lights off. When he asks what the matter is, you ask him to go under the sheets too. When he is beside you, open the flashlight and show your pregnancy test. Congratulate him on becoming a daddy!
- When you have a dog in the house, you can buy a new shirt for the dog with the words “Big Brother” or “Big Sister.” Once your husband gets home, the dog will usually go to him first and he will see the words on the dog’s shirt. He will eventually understand what it means.
- Sit by the door and just tell your husband, in tears, that you are pregnant. You can just hug your spouse and enjoy this moment.
- You can have a couple shirt made. Your shirt can say, “I am going to be a Momma,” with a picture of a baby climbing your shoulder. Then, you can give your husband his own shirt, saying “I am going to be a Dadda.”
- If you have an oven in your home, you can buy a bun and put it in the oven. You can then call your husband and have him help pick something inside the kitchen appliance. You can then shout, “There is a bun in the oven.”
- If you and your husband like creating gifs, then a nice announcement gif would be great. You can put the words, “Congrats, you baby-maker, you!” and an image of a good-looking child at the back.
- For those that already have two kids, you ask your husband, “Do you want a tie-breaker? Here you go!”
- Get the book that he is currently reading and insert a new bookmark with the statement, “Come near me. Your baby wants her daddy.”
- Give him a book about parenting. He will instantly realize that he is going to be a dad.
- Create a treasure hunt for your husband. At the end of the trail, the final reward would be a treasure chest. Inside the chest will be a note telling your husband that he is going to be a father.
- If he likes cupcakes, the best way to tell him is by putting the letters D-A-D-D-Y on top of each pastry. Not only will he love the good news, but he will also enjoy the cake!
- Give him a gift that is a box within a box within a box within a box. In the smallest box, you can put a small figurine of a baby. You can then say, “Congrats!”
- If he is still at work and you can’t stop yourself from telling him, you can just send him a message saying, “You can now start thinking of a name for a boy or a girl, because we will need one for our kid!”
- You can buy a balloon and tie it at the foot of your bed. Once your husband asks, tell him that it is for your baby.
- Write a letter for your husband, saying, “Daddy, sorry for making my mom cranky and so stressed. Please give her all your understanding and care because she is giving me the same understanding and care. P.S. I am just the size of a pea right now, but soon, I will grow to become like you! –baby #2.”
- Get your Scrabble game and spell the words Daddy and Congrats. Put it in the living room where he will easily read it once he gets home from work.
- Use your lipstick to draw a face on your belly. Once you have finished making the face of a baby, you can lift your shirt and show it to your hubby. Tell him that he is going to be a dad!
- You can buy a small onesie from the store and hang it on the rearview mirror of his car. When he goes out to the garage to drive his car, he will see it and go back to you to confirm the good news of a baby.
- If you have a favorite restaurant, you can ask the waiter to serve the beverage of your husband through a baby bottle. Initially, he will be baffled about what’s going on—and then he will realize the real announcement.
- You can give a bib to your husband as a gift with the words, “I got the best Daddy in the world.”
- Buy some diapers and put them inside his personal drawers. Once he gets home and tries to change his clothes, he will find the nappies inside and get the good news.
- If you are good at making movies or slideshows, you can create your own video and at the end, congratulate your husband for a job well done. He is now a daddy.
- You can change your bathroom curtain with some baby designs. He will wonder at it first, then realize that he is going to be a dad.
- If you have a family doctor, you can ask him to call your husband about some news concerning you. He will then rush to the clinic. Surprise him when he enters the consultation room with balloons and cake as you congratulate him on being a new father.
- Reserve a dinner table with a note saying, “Reservation for three: you, me, and the one arriving in a few months.”
- When he arrives home, have a banner ready saying, “Welcome Home, Daddy!”
- You can sit your husband down and ask him if you are getting fat. If he says no, then you should tell him that you are going to be bigger in the next nine months.
- If he likes drinking coffee, buy him a new cup with the words, “You are going to be a Dad” at the bottom of it.
- You can give your husband a baseball cap with an embroidered word Dad on the front. He will immediately realize that he is going to be a dad.
- A simple card with the words “Congratulations, You won!” on the front, and “Your prize can be claimed after nine months” inside the card.
- If you have a mom that is always asking if you are pregnant, you can tell your husband to call mom as soon as he gets home from work.
- Get a pair of baby booties and put them in his personal shoe rack. Once he puts his shoes in the storage area, he will find the booties and connect it to your pregnancy.
- You can buy pregnant woman’s clothes, which are oversized for you. Tell your husband that you bought new clothes and check it if it looks okay on you. Wear the pregnancy clothes and show them to your husband.
- If you already have a child, you can ask him to hand over the pregnancy test result to your husband.
- If you have already gone to the doctor to get an ultrasound, you can hide the picture of the result under his pillow and ask him to take a peek before he sleeps.
- You can put away your husband’s pillow and replace it with a baby pillow. Once he rests on the bed, he will see the small pillow, which means that he is going to be a dad.
- You can get children’s books and show them to your husband.
- When you are serving dinner, prepare different kinds of baby food and set them on the table. Ask him what the theme is. See if he gets it.
- Buy a photo book and give it to your husband as a gift. If he asks why, tell him that you need him to document the growth of your baby today until he grows up!
Here are some of our favorite products
Thank you for reading this post. We hope you found it helpful.
Necklaces, Rings, Bracelets, Gemstones: We recommend you Get 15% off everything on the SuperJeweler site with code SJSUPER15. Whether you are looking for birthstone jewelry, anniversary presents, Valentine’s Day gifts, or just looking to treat yourself, their delicately crafted jewellery are available in a variety of shapes, sizes and price points, finely designed to fit all tastes and budgets. Lifetime Guarantee & 60-Day Money Back Guarantee.
Watches: Keep Your Watches Safe – Get The Executive Collector Case FREE on orders over $300. Chooing a wristwatch is a great way to express your love for him or her. He or she will be reminded of it every time they take a glance at their watch. A two year international warranty & 30 day money back guarantee.
Flowers: We recommend you Flowers. Let him/her know you are thinking of him/her today with flowers. From one-of-a-kind roses, lilies, daisies and more! You’ll find the perfect flowers for your husband/wife that are wonderful for an anniversary, birthday or special holidays. They are normally able to deliver within 4 hours on florist delivered orders.