Ladies, do you pray for your husbands?
A prayer is a weapon that anchors our wishes and hopes to God. It allows us to communicate our feelings and needs, leading our hearts closer to our Creator.
By sending a little prayer, we can thank God for all the blessings we have received, glorify Him for the wonderful work of His hands, and ask for His forgiveness when we have sinned. Praying is also our means to connect with God and call on His love, strength, protection, and wisdom when we need them.
Which is why praying for your husband is probably the simplest yet powerful act of love you can show him every day. Through praying, you can send God’s grace and blessings his way to help him get through his daily battles.
Here are 49 prayers for your husband you can say every day.
1. Dear God,thank you for the blessing of marriage. Thank you for the love we discover in the deep union of two hearts, souls, and lives. I pray for my husband that you would watch over him, bless the work of his hands and give him times of peace and joy with family and friends. May you always lead him to have hope and vision for the future.
2. Lord,May Your wise and knowing Spirit rest on my husband. Be his counselor. May he delight in You and obey Your commands. Convict him of sin, the righteousness of Jesus Christ, and of the coming judgment.
3. Creator God, thank You for creating me to share a life with my husband. I ask that You would help me be the best wife I can be. As I look to You as my Father, may Your love be my husband’s guide in his endeavors. Give him the courage and strength to live according to Your guidance and wisdom. Help me correct him when needed and encourage him always. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
4. Heavenly Father, Your majestic Name fills the earth! Your glory is higher than the heavens. May Your glorious Name be praised! May it be exalted above all blessing and praise! You are great and most worthy of praise! No one can measure Your greatness. Thank You, Father, for my husband. Lord, I thank You for equipping him to take his rightful place in You. Thank You, God, for restoration, reconciliation, and healing in our families and communities. Thank You, for giving us everything we need to live a godly life.
5. God, You will fulfill the purpose in each of our lives. Your love endures forever. Do not abandon the works of Your hands. Do not abandon my husband. Draw him to You. Amen.
6. Almighty and eternal God, I pray for my husband. Protect him as he completes his daily duties. Protect him with the shield of Your strength and keep him safe from all evil and harm. May the power of Your love enable him to return home in safety to those who love him. May he praise You for Your loving care. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
7. Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you with praise and thanksgiving. Your peace which transcends all understanding guards our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Your Grace gives us hope each day knowing that you will give us strength for whatever we face as nothing is a surprise to you. In all things you work for the good of those who love you, who have been called according to your purpose. I pray that you send your guidance and love for my husband every day. I ask this through my Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.
8. Dear God,I pray that you bring my husband to the end of himself and into a living, vital, intimate, overpowering relationship with Jesus Christ. Open his eyes that he may see wonderful things in Your law.
9. Father God, You are infinite and all-knowing. Please give my husband wisdom to be the leader You have called him to be – in our home and workplace. There are many choices and sometimes we fall short. Give us guidance as we strive to be leaders. Help us to lead with integrity and be an example of You to others. Amen.
10. Dear God,thank You for my husband. He is a gift from You. Help me to be quick to forgive, ready to encourage, and always available to him. Give me guidance as I seek to meet his needs and be his friend. Help me be faithful to him in my mind, thoughts, and heart. Keep us focused on You as we go through trials and times of conflict. Help us to work out conflict in a way that honors You. I commit my marriage to You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
11. Lord,Please bless my husband. Your Word says that Your kindness leads to repentance. Don’t allow him to continue to store up wrath for himself. Amen.
12. Oh Mighty God,Grant my husband courage and the ability to find His strength in You. I pray he would not fear nor be dismayed and He would remember that You are always with Him. Holy Spirit, strengthen him with power in his inner being. Amen.
13. Lord,I pray that You would bless my husband’s work. That he would be diligent and prosperous. That You would give him wisdom and discernment. God, I pray You would give him the strength to walk the opportunities you provide. Thank you, Lord.
14. Dear Jesus,Show my husband what it looks like to love me as you loved the church. Help me to love and serve him with a submissive and respectful heart. Amen.
15. Heavenly Father,Give my husband singleness of heart and action so that he will always fear You for his own good and the good of our children. I ask this through Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.
16. Father, I praise You for my husband, Your unique creation. Please guard his heart and mind, Jesus. Protect him from temptation and fill him up with the good things he needs. You’ve promised to fill his soul with what he needs and I ask You to do just that.
17. Dear God,I pray that my husband would be rooted and grounded in Your love for him as he ministers to others. I ask that you would provide friendships which sharpen and encourage him. Amen.
18. Lord,I pray a hedge of thorns around my husband. That those with wrong influence will lose interest and leave him alone. I pray this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the power of His blood.
19. God, would You heal the wounds of my husband’s heart? You’ve promised to heal to those who submit to You. Lord, please smooth the scars of past hurts and brokenness. May Your healing permeate his being, inside and out. Amen.
20. God,Grant my husband the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation. May he always fear You, receive instruction in wisdom, and honor through humility. Provide wisdom through friends and mentors he can walk alongside. Thank you. Amen.
21. Heavenly Father,Please help my husband to humble himself under Your mighty hand, that You may lift him up in due time. Thank you oh Lord. Amen.
22. Lord, You are gracious and merciful, yet You are all-powerful and understanding. This world can be a fearful place and I pray that You would give my husband courage. Lord, infuse his character with courage for daily decisions and the difficult ones as well. Amen.
23. Dear God,You have promised my husband that a wife is a good gift from you. I want to be an excellent wife to my husband, one who consistently brings him honor. You know every one of my weaknesses and how they are impacting my role as my husband’s helpmate. Lead me, Lord, to recognize the ungodliness hiding in my will, my expectations, and how I express my emotions. I want to surrender them to You for healing. Show me where I am investing my attention in things that will deteriorate my relationship with my man. Let the power of Your Word transform my motives. Coach me relentlessly to be a wife who respects her husband in word and deed. Cause Your tenderness, gentleness, kindness, and humility to become my own. I want to be a content wife who does not harass my husband with quarrels and fretfulness. Please use me to create a peaceful home for him. Use me to encourage him, bear his burdens, and reflect Your extravagant love for him. May our souls feast on only on You. I pray these things with complete confidence in Jesus and Your Spirit at work in our marriage. Amen.
24. God, You have provided Your Word and I am so grateful. May Your Word guide my husband as the leader of our home. May his leadership skills be empowered by your wisdom. I trust that You will lead in his hand and heart in our relationship, his work, our home, community, and church. Amen.
25. Lord, I thank you for my husband. Grant me a heart of thankfulness for him that transcends every season, so that in every moment I would not cease to give thanks for him. Amen.
26. Lord, money yields the greatest potential to cause problems in a home. Please give my husband wisdom as he seeks to honor You with finances. I praise You for the blessings You’ve provided and I pray that You would help him, help us, to always honor You first.
27. Holy Spirit, fill every crevice of my husband’s heart with the fullness of you. Enable him to keep in step with your every move, and to crucify the desires of his flesh. Bring great fruit in his life as he obeys and depends on you.
28. Father, please give my husband a pure heart for You. May he seek to love You and trust You with everything he has and is. Protect him from opinions intended to sway him from Your Word. Amen.
29. God, make my husband sober-minded, watchful, and clothed with your protective armor, that he may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. I ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
30. Father, in a day when the world speaks with complete corruption, keep my husband’s words pure before You. I pray that he would use his words just as You would have him to. I praise You for his personality and pray for purposeful conversations in our marriage. Amen.
31. Lord, I pray that You would provide encouraging friendships for my husband. That he would know he is never alone because You are with him, but I ask for others to speak into his life and sharpen him as he sharpens them.
32. Risen King! You are the source of my husband’s strength. You fill him with grace sufficient for his daily challenges. Give him endurance and perseverance to run on wings like eagles, to walk and not be weary, and to run and not grow faint. Multiply his energy, and give him an eagerness to be obedient and faithful even when it’s hard, and even when it’s a hassle. May he rely on You, the source of his strength. Remind him of the immeasurable power that is available to him through Christ. May he trust that You are equipping him to fight every battle. When he feels run down and burnt out, remind him that through Christ he has access to much more than his body and mind might tempt him to believe. May he have confidence in knowing that the same power that conquered death is alive in him. Amen.
33. God, I thank You that You are the good, good Father. Would you help my husband’s parenting to reflect You? May his children know Your heavenly love personally and experience it through their earthly father.
34. Almighty God, in the name of Jesus, I command every mountain that has come against our marriage be torn down! Holy Spirit, speak to us and help us to recognize Your voice. Continue to bless us with the marriage relationship You intended for us to have. May my husband seek after you in all things and be the spiritual leader of our household. Remove anything he may be struggling with. May he be guided by the Holy Spirit and seek your counsel every day. I declare that our marriage is preserved for eternity. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
35. Father, thank you for my husband’s job. Lord, help him to see it as a gift from You. Father, I pray that you continue to bless him in this area. Give him insight into his field. Continue to show him creative ways to make money and expand his presence in his industry. Lord, help him to see his job as a blessing, even in the times where it’s rough. Guard his heart and mind against discouragement when things don’t go the way he anticipates. Let him work with all his heart to bring You glory. I pray Your favor would cover him and that he would prosper in his work.
36. Lord, I pray that my husband would find his confidence in you. Remind him that if anyone has reasons to put confidence in the flesh, he has more through Christ. Don’t let him fall prey to grasping for confidence through other people, his job, his physical capabilities, or his know-how. Instead, give him confidence in Your truth and the calling he has received. Humble him to stand in reverence before You Lord. Build his confidence to live according to your word, above reproach, and unashamed of the gospel. Remove any insecurities or lies of “not good enough,” and replace them with the truth of who You say that he is. May he be affirmed and encouraged by Your Holy Spirit, the scriptures, his community, and his family.
37. Lord, protect my husbands time at home. Father, help him to govern our house in wisdom and fear of You. Teach him Your ways, that He may be an example to our children. Give him insight into how to raise our family. Help him to balance his time between work and home life. Help him to understand how to love me better as his wife and help me learn to be respectful. Teach him to be gentle and kind to our family while teaching us to be submissive. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
38. Father God, I pray the full armor of protection over my husband. You are his strength and shield. May his heart trust with unwavering confidence in You. Lead my husband not into temptation, but deliver him from all evil. Keep his eyes, ears, and thoughts pure and protected from sin, attack, and the fallen world. Lord place on my husband’s head the helmet of salvation to guard his thoughts and mind in Christ. Place on his chest the breastplate of righteousness to guard his heart – the wellspring of life. Wrap around his waist the belt of truth to prevent any lies from creeping into his thoughts or heart, and keep him far from temptation. Put the sandals of peace on his feet to keep him walking bravely and courageously without fear or worry. Give him the shield of faith to trust in Your leading Lord, and the sword of the Spirit to fight against the fiery arrows of attack. Cover him with Your full protection and armor as he enters the battlefield today. In Jesus name, I pray.
39. Father,Thank you for my husband’s godly relationships. Lord continue to surround him with men that reflect Your heart. Help him to be slow to speak and quick to listen with his friends. Guard his mouth against speaking anything other than what edifies the hearer and glorifies You. Give him divine connections throughout his day. Let him be a beacon of light to those around him. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
40. Lord,Show my husband how to lead our family in ways that resemble how You faithfully, courageously, and lovingly led the church. Give him a clear understanding of the scriptures, and a keen discernment of Your Holy Spirit. May he feel respected and honored by me so that his leadership would not be stifled or undermined. Reveal to him how he can become a better follower of You, while maturing in the leadership of our family, and in the work, You’ve called him to do. May he be known for his servant-leadership and his compassion towards those who look to him as an example.
41. Lord,I thank you for my husband’s health. Father, I pray that you would preserve him. Help him to make good food choices each day. Let him crave those things that are good for him. Protect each cell in his body, that nothing harmful can prosper against him. Give him energy at the end of the day to work out. Show him a plan for working out. Send others to encourage him and even a buddy to work out with that will keep him accountable. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
42. Dear God,Please grow my husband in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior. May he be quick to filter his decisions through Your Word and throw his decisions under Your authority. You are the God of clarity, not confusion. Endow my husband with good judgment, so that he can make wise everyday decisions. In the bigger decisions, may he discipline himself to be still before you in quietness and trust. Flood his heart and mind with peace, as an indicator that he is making decisions that are congruent with Your will. Don’t let him fall into a rut of deception, but give him a discerning spirit so that he can recall the scriptures as grounds for truth in all circumstances. Equip him to answer anyone who asks him to give the reason for the hope that he has. May he always include You in every decision he makes, so that he can trust You no matter the result.
43. God, I thank you that my husband is growing in wisdom, stature, and favor with You and man. Continue to expand his knowledge of You, Lord. I thank you for the men you have placed in his life to help him along the way. Lord, continue to increase his faith as he reads Your Word. Preserve his time with you, Lord. Speak to him throughout the day and guide his decisions. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
44. Lord,Fill my husband with the peace that surpasses all understanding. Give him a calm confidence in Your ability to orchestrate his life through the power of his prayers. When he feels anxious or worried make it his first instinct to pray. Lord, You are the Prince of Peace, and we know that we cannot have access to true peace without You. I pray that peace would saturate my husband’s mind, heart, and life. May his thankfulness cause the peace of Christ to rule in his heart. Give him an uncanny ability to worship you in the midst of chaotic circumstance that might otherwise initiate complaining, stress, or anxiety. Remove any fear in his mind, and permeate his entire being with peace. Keep his mind steadfast on You, so that he may be in perfect peace. May his relationships with others be harmonious. Give him the ability to live peacefully with others as far as it depends on him. Let him pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding. May the Lord bless him and keep him; the Lord make his face shine on him and be gracious towards him; the Lord turn his face toward him and give him peace.
45. Lord Jesus, I place myself in Your presence and beg you to enshroud the heart of my husband with Your Sacred Heart. Help him to have complete faith in You. May Your love be deeply rooted in him, and may this Love shines in our lives. Help my husband to know Your infinite mercy so he understands that Your Love is more real than any earthly experience. Amen.
46. Holy Spirit, fill the heart of my husband with Your peace, so that through him he may show your love to our children. Give him the patience and the necessary wisdom to raise our children in purity and in faith. Help him to guide our children towards the right path and to encourage them to stay close to You. Amen.
47. Lord, according to Your will, help my husband to draw closer to holiness through the sacrament of our marriage. Fill his heart with Your Love, and help him to fulfill his vocation by following Your path. Amen.
48. Lord Jesus, You who went about doing good, I ask You to give my husband the grace to follow in Your steps. Give him the strength to advance with wisdom and to have the awareness of how his choices will impact on our family. May his heart shine with the light of the Holy Spirit so he can move ahead with assurance and confidence, whatever the obstacles he might face. Amen.
49. Lord, You know what we truly need. I ask You to give my husband the grace to use our resources with wisdom, to be poor in spirit and to be generous towards those in need. Amen.
When saying prayers for your husband, there ain’t any guideline to follow. The prayer need not be long or short.
Praying has no rules. But when you pray, it has to come from the inner voices of your heart. It must be genuine and pure.
Therefore, when you send powerful prayers for your husband, fill it with sincerity and love. And do not forget to pray for yourself – for you to be a better wife, to have strength and wisdom to help your husband fulfill God’s plans for your marriage and family.