For a marriage to work, both the husband and the wife need to put in effort. Both have to do everything they can to maintain the relationship and the love. Of course, there will be trials and obstacles in the life of a married couple. But to keep a marriage exciting, you should make the journey fun.
According to the research done in Loma Linda University, laughter is indeed the best medicine.By enjoying each other’s company, you lower the levels of cortisol(the hormone that is responsible for stress).
You need to surprise each other every day. The effective way to do this is by asking questions.
Here Are Some Fun Questions for Married Couples to Keep the Spark Alive:
On a Date Night
For couples who love to go out on dates, you need to avoid the same routine over and over. It can make your lives monotonous and boring. According to one dating quote from comedienne Chelsea Handler, one guy told her that she didn’t have to keep on drinking to be funny. But the truth is that it’s the other way around! She was drinking so much to make her date seem funnier than he really is.
You should ask these questions to know more about your partner and to keep the conversations lively:
- After being married, how would you describe love?
- Do you love the way I cook for you?
- If there’s one thing I can change for you to make your life easier, what is it?
- What are five times that you think we had ridiculously awesome sex?
- What is the ideal frequency of sex in a month?
- What’s your favorite cuisine?
- Do you want to try that restaurant on our next date?
- I want to try something new, can we do it?
- Can I pay for our dinner?
- What is going on in your mind right now?
- Do you like my dress?
- Can you explain to me again how we met?
- When did you fall in love with me?
- What turns you on?
- Can you tell me something embarrassing?
- If you gave me a funny nickname, what would it be?
- How can we make our sex life exciting?
- What is your fondest memory of me?
In Your Home
Your home is your love sanctuary. It is the place you go to when you want to relax and escape from the busy outside world. It is an area that is open to any kind of conversations without any judgment.
As a couple, you need to be open about all varieties and topics. And you must make an effort to keep the relationship stimulating.
If you love your spouse, you should ask these questions that the other will surely appreciate:
- How was your day?
- What do you what me to do for you today?
- Does the plumbing need fixing?
- Can I change the fixtures?
- Can you just relax today and let me do all the chores for you?
- What do you want for dinner tonight?
- Do you want to turn the other room we have into your personal space?
- Do you want the basement to be converted into your very own man-cave?
- Do you still want to buy that gaming console you have been checking out all day?
- Are you still interested on that pair of shoes that you saw in the magazine?
- Can you tell me again the favorite color that you want on a dress?
- Can we read a book together?
- Do you want to just lounge on our favorite sofa and do nothing together?
- Do you want to get cozy on the chair and watch your favorite movie?
On Your Commute
Some couples spend so much time with each other on the daily commute that they often don’t feel the need to talk. To maintain the health of the relationship, you should take this opportunity to enjoy each other’s company. Since you are not doing anything anyway, you might as well have fun while on it.
While in your car, in the bus, in the train, or any part of the commute, you can ask him or her these questions:
- Can I hold your hand?
- Can I carry your bag for you?
- Do you want to listen to your favorite music while we drive to work?
- Can I open the car door for you?
- Do you want to play a game while we wait for the traffic to go green?
- Can I kiss you?
- Can you kiss me?
- Can I go to your office and bring you some lunch?
- Can I lay my head on your shoulder?
- Do you want to go home? I think there’s a new restaurant in town, do you want to go?
- Are you on a hectic schedule this week? Do you want me to come later and pick you up?
- Do you want me to assist you with anything?
In Your Bedroom
Men and women gets aroused in different ways, and the mind works overtime when you think of sex. According to the research done in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, there is brain activity during arousal, with which women had stronger brain-genital correlations.
With this in mind, you need to set up the mood before going straight to sex. Some of the questions that you need to ask are these:
- Do you want to have the lights on or off?
- What type of undergarments do you want to see?
- Are you ready?
- Do you have a fantasy that I can fulfill for you?
- Do you want to take a bath together before we sleep?
- We have nicely folded sheets, do you want to mess them up? (wink wink)
- Do you want me to take that off for you?
- Do you like what I am doing now?
- Can I get you anything?
- Can you tell me how much you love me?
- Can I give you a massage?
On Your Vacation
You should never forget to spend a vacation with your spouse. It is your reward for yourselves for working hard and earning money for the family. If you are on a tight budget, here is a great tip. You can either choose mini-vacations three to four times a year, or you can save up and travel to one major tourist spot locally or abroad. What matters is that you take time each year to have vacation with your spouse.
Here are some fun questions to ask your spouse when on a vacation:
- I want to be adventurous. Can we both do it?
- Can we do this trip again next year?
- Can we always eat together?
- Do you want to try this activity?
- Can you teach me how to do it?
- Are you having fun?
- What can we do to take this vacation to another level?
- Can we sleep together underneath the night sky?
- What is your favorite dish here?
- Can we dream of bigger vacations together?
During Your Intimate Sessions
As a married couple, you sometimes get used to the regular day-to-day habits and forget to put in some alone time with your wife or husband. On the book of Willard Harley entitled Surviving an Affair, you need to deposit on his or her love bank if you want to maintain your relationship.
A date with friends or family doesn’t constitute a true intimate time. Harley said that you really need to focus on him or her and listen to what each says in order to fill his or her emotional needs.
- How has our relationship been over the past year?
- Do you think we can improve on some things to make our relationship better?
- Do you think we should be more open when it comes to our current emotions?
- Can we spend at least a day where we don’t think about anything else except each other?
- Can we ask older couples whom we admire to constantly guide us in our marriage?
- Is there something I can do to continuously encourage you in your work, in the house, and in your personal life?
- Are there some things that I must change in order for us to have a smoother relationship?
- Can you tell me again how much you love me?
- Are there things that I should be doing but have not done so in the past weeks?
- I want to know more about you, can you think of something that you have not told me before?
You need to keep the conversation lighthearted. You should not ask any questions that lead to accusations or that put the relationship in a bad light. Your goal here is to keep your love for each other alive and burning. Think of topics that will engage your spouse, maintain his or her eye contact, voluntarily think, and give constructive answers.
Ask these fun questions to make your talks interesting. Some of these inquiries can level up not just your marriage, but your friendship as well. It’s nice to just take time and talk to your spouse. You will indeed be surprised by the information you get and where the talk will lead your relationship.