Paint sprayers are famed for their versatility. From the application of wood sealers and stain to the painting of your household stuff, paint sprayers get the job excellently done. No doubt, you enjoy more speed and efficiency when spreading your stains and paints with a paint sprayer than the traditional means of using a roller or hand brush. There are so many types of paint sprayers available today with a broad diversity in their functionalities and their sizes.
Here in this review, we will be looking at the top paint sprayers out there that give you the best value for your money. Our best pick is the Wagner Spraytech 0529010 FLEXiO 590 HVLP Paint Sprayer. It has an impressive design with a superior finish, easy to use and clean, versatile, has adjustable paint flow, and very quick.
The paint sprayers we will examine in this guide are renowned for their efficiency and functionality. They are comfortably among the best paint sprayers you can get today.
18 Best Paint Sprayers for Cabinets Reviews
The Wagner SpraytechFlexio 590 paint sprayer is known for its versatility as it can help you achieve a smooth finish for a variety of surfaces like cabinets, walls, furniture, and fences. It has diverse spray patterns as you can either go narrow or wide and vertical or horizontal.
This paint sprayer has two nozzles. The Detail Finish nozzle helps you achieve superior smooth finishing for spraying smaller tasks while the iSpray nozzle is more suited to larger jobs.This paint sprayer has impressive efficiency and is far faster than painting with a brush. On average, the Wagner SpraytechFlexio 590 paint sprayer can cover an 8′ x 10′ surface in 5 minutes (if you are spraying latex paints) and barley 60 seconds (if you are staining).
This paint sprayer is equipped with an X-Boost turbine. This provides the requisite pressure to handle the spraying of unthinned interior and exterior paints.
- It takes little exertion to spray bigger projects, and it is very quick
- You can use so many materials like urethane, latex, stains, and oil-based paints
- It is versatile handling smaller and bigger projects as well as interior and exterior painting and staining
- More flexibility and control as you can easily switch between spray patterns in terms of narrow, vertical, wide, or horizontal patterns
- There are cases of overspray
- Troublesome startup where huge uncontrolled amounts of paint can be spurted out.
- There are situations where it is challenging to take the cup off
This sprayer is equipped with a reversible spray tip. This reduces the frequency of interruption of spraying from clogging as you can readily reverse the tip to keep going.
The Graco 16Y385 TrueCoat 360 Paint Sprayer is designed with a stainless steel piston pump. This gives you a befitting amount of power to spray unthinned paint.The product has a unique VacuValve technology. The implication is that you can spray in any direction you desire. This versatility in spraying directions can be attributed to the air tight system courtesy of the VacuValve technology.
The Graco 16Y385 TrueCoat 360 Paint Sprayer can go as much as 25 gallons annually. The package comes with other accessories like inch reversible spray tips and FlexLiner Bags. These FlexLiner Bags can be recycled after use. Typically, the FlexLiner Bags take the place of your conventional material cups.
- You don’t need much experience to use this sprayer as it is easy to use
- It is durable with impressive design makeup
- It has sufficient power to work with unthinned materials
- Easy storage and portability
- Features a patented reusable FlexLiner bag technology
- The power cord should have been longer
- It gives off a significant amount of sound hence can be classified as relatively noisy
- There are instances where the can suffers jamming without any warning
- Frequent refilling due to reduced volume or holding capacity
3. HomeRight C800971.A Super Finish Max Extra Power Painter, Home Sprayer HVLP Spray Gun for Painting Projects, Blue
This is another versatile paint sprayer we couldn’t ignore. This takes on a variety of spraying projects from small to big ones like furniture, walls, and cabinets. This paint sprayer needs far less experience and is very safe to use. In part, such safety can be attributed to the absence of air compressors. The need for such an air compressor is nullified as the sprayer is equipped with a turbine motor.
The HomeRight C800971.A Super Finish Max Paint Sprayer gives you appreciable control over the painting experience. With 6 spray tip sizes up for your taking (as well as a control knob to vary the emitted volume), you can manipulate the flow just as you desire as befitting for the task at hand.
There are a variety of spray patterns to enjoy as this paint sprayer comes with 2 separate different air caps. You can go with fine spray patterns or wide spray patterns.This paint sprayer is less selective of material and is compatible with water-based materials (like latex, enamels, stain, milk paints). You don’t need to bother yourself about thinning your material beforehand. The HomeRight C800971.A Super Finish Max Paint Sprayer has a power capacity of 450 watts, giving you all the pressure you need to work with denser materials.
The maintenance process is even easier, thanks to the recently upgraded pickup tube design. This, combined with the cup vent, makes it easier to clean the paint sprayer in no time.
It has a commendable holding capacity of 39-ounce. This reduces the frequency of refilling while at the job. Also, the paint sprayer has an inbuilt door for enhanced air filter changes.
- It comes with 3 spraying patterns enhanced with a rotating nozzle
- It is easy to clean up as you don’t need more than water
- It has a compact and lightweight design
- It comes with extra accessories like a viscosity cup and nozzle-blower
- It produces significant noise which can be disturbing while in use
- You may struggle a bit with spraying latex paints
- This paint sprayer does better at spraying smaller surfaces or overall handling smaller tasks
4. HomeRight C800766, C900076 Finish Max HVLP Paint Sprayer, Power Painter, Paint Spray Painting Tool, Spray Gun, Paint Spray Gun, Stain Sprayer, Finish Sprayer
This is another spray painter famed for its ease of use and smooth finish. This electrically operated spray painter is great for spraying your trim, cabinets, and general furniture. It doesn’t leave brush marks. It is easy to tell the thickness of your material as this paint sprayer has a viscosity cup.
It works well with several materials like clear sealers, latex paints, primers, milk paint, and enamels. It has an adjustable flow allowing you control over the material output with the control knob. This way, you can achieve the coating finish you desire.
You are at liberty to vary the air cup to change the spray patterns.The HomeRight Finish Max paint sprayer has a unique brass spray tip design. Compared to other plastic sprayers, this HomeRight Finish Max has enhanced performance. This can be attributed to its superior spray patterns courtesy of its 2 mm precision brass spray tip and nozzle. This makes the spray painter more resistant to wear and tear compared to other plastic sprayers.
The maintenance procedure for this paint sprayer is fluid. A cleaning brush for quick cleaning accompanies it. You can easily flush it out with mineral spirits if you are using oil-based materials or just water if you are using water-based materials.
- The material output can be adjusted just as precisely as you deem fit
- Precision brass spray tip and nozzle enhances its performance and makes it more resistant to corrosion
- Easy to use
- Versatile spray patterns
- It struggles with very dense materials prompting the need to extremely thin your material first
- It is more susceptible to clogging despite the superior power
5. REXBETI Ultimate-750 Paint Sprayer, 500 Watt High Power HVLP Home Electric Spray Gun, 3 Nozzle Sizes, Lightweight, Easy Spraying and Cleaning
This is a high-power paint sprayer boasting wattage of 500 watts. The RexBeti Ultimate-750 gives you 3 nozzle sizes and 3 spray patterns. You can choose to go with a circular spray pattern, vertical or horizontal.
The 2.0mm/2.5mm/3.0mm nozzles allow you more flexibility in material output. Particularly, the 3.0mm nozzle is a great fit when you want to work with milk type paint, chalk type paint, and latex paint. The other nozzles are excellent for sealers and thinner paints, including the likes of varnish.It has a versatile application and can be used for spraying furniture, walls, and crafts. It has an impressive capacity of 1000ml, meaning you can spray for longer without refilling. The sprayer is furnished with a flow control knob, which allows you to vary the material output.
Despite its impressive power capacity, the RexBeti Ultimate-750 has a relatively lightweight design and quite handy. This way, you are not easily tiring out when spraying for sustained periods. The admirable 6.6 feet length of the power cord gives you more room for mobility in a large site.
- You don’t need much technical experience to assemble this spray painter
- Gives you 3 separate spray patterns for different coating finishes
- Not hard to clean
- The power cord is long enough for you easily move about while spraying
- Being an electrically operated high-powered sprayer, expect to spend significantly on electricity bills
- Sometimes, the paint control can be troublesome even with knob control
This paint sprayer has variable speed control. With this, you can enjoy more control over the spraying exercise, altering the speed of the material output. The frequency of interruptions from clogging with this sprayer is reduced as the reversible spray tip makes you can quickly switch the tip in the event of clogging.
The Graco sprayer also features the signature VacuValve technology, which enables you with more flexibility in the direction you choose to spray in. It also features the stainless steel piston pump, giving you the required pressure to spray denser materials without having to thin them first. It basically has a voltage of 120 volts.It is well packed as the Graco 17D889 TrueCoat 360 VSP Handheld Paint Sprayer comes in a long-lasting storage case. This helps you collect all the accessories neatly in one suite. It also features the patented recyclable FlexLiner Bag which eliminates the need for material cups.
- No stress using this paint sprayer
- Nice finish to a wide range of coating tasks
- The storage is easy and durable
- Works fine with unthinned materials
- It would have been helpful if the power cord was longer
- The limited capacity of this paint sprayer means you will be stopping intermittently to refill for larger projects
- It is a bit noisy
7. Scuddles Paint Sprayer, 1200 Watt High Power HVLP Home, and Outdoors Includes 5 Nozzle, Lightweight, Easy Spraying and Cleaning
This is a quick, efficient, and easy-cleaning paint sprayer that works for multiple surfaces like cars, sidings, walls, and furniture.
This electrically operated paint sprayer has 3 distinct spray patterns, giving you your ideal coating finish with minimal exertion. You can go with the circular, vertical, or horizontal spray patterns.
It has a far reach with 3 nozzles for you to work with. These are the 1.8mm/2.2 mm/2.6mm nozzles. If you are working with denser materials like chalk type paint or latex paint, the 2.6mm nozzle is more suited to the task.For paints (of lesser density) like varnishes, you can make do with the 1.8mm or 2.2 mm nozzles. Take note that for this sprayer, it is advised to spray within a distance (from the surface) of at least 10 inches and at most 14 inches for a good finish. The paint sprayer has a portable, lightweight design, implying lesser fatigue for extensive work periods.
The Scuddles Paint Sprayer comes pre-assembled. This saves you the headache of procuring extra tools to get your paint sprayer working. With this paint sprayer, you have more freedom to work in larger work areas courtesy of the longer power cord.
The overall package for this paint sprayer comes with additional replacements like 5 nozzle caps, 2 extra straws, and cleaning tools. The nozzle cap, as you understand, enhances the adjustability of the output thickness.
- More options for coating finish with 3 distinct spray patterns
- No need for assembly and stress-free to use
- It is impressively versatile and works well for lots of jobs (both indoors and outdoors)
- The power cord is longer
- You may find the pressure insufficient and at times lacking vital consistency
- It is noisy
This paint sprayer has impressive versatility, enabling you to achieve a smooth finish for a variety of tasks from small projects to medium ones like decks, fences, siding, or small homes.
The Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer comes with features like a Duraflex paint hose, G2 Metal Spray Gun, RAC IV 515 Switch Tip, PowerFlush adapter, and Pump Armor storage fluid. The fact that the pressure is adjustable means that you can get multiple flow rate for your material output. It has a voltage of 110 volts.
As common with other Graco paint sprayers, the X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer is furnished with a stainless steel piston pump, enabling you to pump unthinned materials with the befitting amount of power.Another exciting feature about the X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer is the flexible suction tube.
This suction tube enables you to directly from as high as a 5-gallon paint bucket. This paint sprayer can get the job both for your indoor and outdoor jobs. It has an impressive reach of 75 feet. Equipped with the RAC IV Switch Tip, you can readily reverse your tip when one side clogs. This gives you that vital continuity in your spraying.
The maintenance process of this paint sprayer is seamless courtesy of the power flush adapter, which connects well with a garden hose.
- It is easy to start this paint sprayer
- It has a sturdy frame which would last pretty well
- It is efficient, giving you a speedy spraying process
- Far reach of 75 feet
- With the flexible suction, you can spray directly from even 5-gallon paint buckets
- This paint sprayer is accompanied with a thorough and detailed user manual in addition to an instructional DVD
- This paint sprayer may struggle with denser materials
- There have been frequently reported cases of overspraying
- This paint sprayer is not suitable for large scale spraying projects
- In situations where you work at higher PSI, you may experience vibrations
The Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System is one of the most effective 2-Stage Spray systems out there today. This paint sprayer is suitable for a host of surfaces, including doors, shutters, walls, cabinets, and fences. This paint sprayer brings together efficiency and versatility, so to say.
This paint sprayer is outfitted with the unique M-Model Spray Gun technology. This includes a dedicated fan control and is generally classified as non-bleed. The fan control allows you to vary the patterns from wide, vertical to circular applications.
You could swap between the 12″ oval pattern and the 1″ circular pattern. By allowing you such diversity, the Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System gives you enhanced accuracy in your spraying, reducing wastage.This paint sprayer is easy to clean as it is can readily be disassembled. There are several viscosity levels for you to spray your materials in. This is due to the presence of several air cap sizes that produce different emission levels for materials like bathtub coating and latex paints.
This paint sprayer is less vulnerable to wear and tear (particularly its needle tip) because of the stainless steel fluid passages.
Overall, the Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System is more suited to solvent-based or waterborne coatings.
- Easy maintenance
- Variety of spray patterns, avoiding wastage
- Gives premium finish
- Works with a 25” hose
- The needle tip is more resistant to deterioration
- There are cases where the bottom feed cup has poor pressurization
- The cup locking mechanism is made from cast aluminum which sorts of question its durability
This is a paint sprayer that combines speed and efficacy. Generally, this paint sprayer is perfect for those who paint 4 times annually.
The Graco Magnum 262805 X7 Cart Airless Paint Sprayer works well for surfaces like siding, decks, and small homes. Its enhanced longevity can, in part, be attributed to its durable stainless-steel piston pumps.
The pressure can be altered, allowing you more freedom in the material output as required by the job at hand. It is easy to clean as PowerFlush Adapter connects seamlessly with a garden hose.It also comes with a RAC IV switch tip to ensure that a clogged tip doesn’t disturb the spraying exercise. This paint sprayer has a quick and easy startup. The PushPrime button ensures you don’t exert yourself in getting the spraying job started.
Clogging of tips is even rarer with the Graco Magnum 262805 X7 Cart Airless Paint Sprayer a sit comes with a SG2 metal spray gun equipped with an in-handle filter. This ensures that debris doesn’t frequently build up and clog the tip.
You wouldn’t have to bother about thinning denser materials before spraying as this paint sprayer gives you high pressure to work with much thicker materials. It has a far reach and can work with paint hose as long as 100 ft. The exciting implication of this is that you can spray as far as third story facilities.
- The PowerFlush Adapter attached to a garden hose makes cleaning very easy
- It is compatible with several bucket capacities
- Works with multiple-sized buckets
- The PushPrime button makes it very easy to get started
- Despite being a high-pressure paint sprayer, there are instances where it clogs too easily
11. HomeRight Power Flo Pro 2800 C800879 Airless Paint Sprayer Spray Gun, Power Painting for Home Exterior, Fence, Shed, and Garage 2800 psi, 0.24 gpm
This paint sprayer makes spraying bigger projects – like garages, fences, and home exteriors – a far less scary task. It is very fast and efficient, giving you a great finish with lesser stress.
This paint sprayer has sufficient pressure to handle denser materials like sealers and oil-based paints. The pressure can be controlled for sure. This is achieved by dialing the desired spray pattern with the pressure control knob.There is even a lesser reason to worry about clogging while spraying. The spray gun is equipped with a reversible tip that quickly dispels clogs.
Mobility is seamless with the HomeRight Power Flo Pro 2800 C800879 Airless Paint Sprayer. It comes with a top carry handle, which makes it easy to move it about across the work area. It is even more portable to use a sit can spray straight from a 5-gallon can or even a gallon.
- It is durable and speedy to use for larger projects
- The variable pressure control gives you more flexibility over the spray pattern
- Maintenances process is stress-free
- The fact that it comes with just one filter amplifies its susceptibility to clogging
- The packaging could be improved
This paint sprayer is reputable for the consistency and finesse of its finish. It is suitable for both outdoor and indoor tasks. This can be achieved directly from the can, appropriately handling materials like oil enamels, latex, primers, and 2-in-1 paints.
Fatigue is not an uncommon nightmare when spraying. Heavier paint sprayers are admittedly demanding to carry about for longer projects. The good news is that the Wagner Spraytech 0529021 Paint Sprayer, Flexio 890, takes the weight off you, leaving it on the ground. How does it achieve this?
This paint sprayer is built in such way that the weight of the turbine sits directly on the ground (as opposed to being in the hand and carriage of the painter). This makes it much more convenient to spray for longer.It is easier to store the paint sprayer when you have completed your spraying on the immediate. The turbine base holds the nozzles as well as your hose.
This paint sprayer is equipped with 2 nozzles (with multiple spraying patterns), making it more diverse in application. There is the Detail Finish Nozzle, which excellently takes care of smaller tasks while the iSpray nozzle does well in handling your larger projects. Talking about spraying patterns, you can go round, vertical, or horizontal.
The gun handle of this paint sprayer is equipped with an X-Boost Power Dial. Dialing this enables you to alter the intensity of the pressure. This way, you can increase the flow or reduce the discharge as you deem fit.
- This is a speedy paints prayer; you can spray 8 gallons of paint in barley 60 minutes
- The turbine base stores the nozzles and hose portably
- You can enjoy more freedom in your workspace as the air hose has commendable length.
- You have two nozzles to choose from depending on your desired finish
- The air turbine is more stable, thanks to the box
- This may not be the paint sprayer to use for fine finishes
- Not very suited to interior projects due to the exceeding power of the air turbine
- There have been reported cases of overspray
This paint sprayer has a distinct design making it an excellent asset for your woodworking jobs. It features a powerful turbine and an all-metal gun. The Earlex HV5500 Spray Station, 5500, is so easy and be used to achieve great finishes by newbies and veterans alike in woodworking.
It has a pretty portable design, especially as regards its maintenance and storage. The on-board hose storage makes it easy to clean and store your paint sprayer when you are done spraying. This paint sprayer has a two-stage turbine with a power usage capacity of 650 watts.
Precision is a big worry for woodworkers, no doubt. The Earlex HV5500 Spray Station, 5500 allays such precision concern as its spray gun boasts a push-and-click system.This gives you 3 distinct spray patterns to pick from cutting across the round pattern, horizontal, and vertical. This way, this paint sprayer impressively brings precision and power together.
Such high power means lesser problems with clogging from unthinned materials. You can use this paint sprayer with a broad span of materials like glazes, oils, urethanes, shellacs, and lacquers.
The metal spray gun component of the Earlex HV5500 Spray Station stands out among other plastic paint sprayers. This is because it is fitted with a 1 qt. PTFE coated paint container, needle, and 2.0mm stainless steel tip. This gives its superior longevity.
- This paint sprayer gives you a premium finish
- It is portable and easy to store, thanks to its onboard storage
- The hose length is appreciably long
- 3 spray patterns for your picking
- It is noisy
- There have been repeated cases of worrisome malfunctions with this paint sprayer
14. Paint Sprayer 800ml/min, Electric Spray Gun with Three Spray Patterns, Four Nozzle Sizes, Adjustable Valve Knob, Quick Refill Lid and 900ml Detachable Container
This is a plastic paint sprayer that comes with 3 nozzles. It is versatile can get the spraying job done for wooden products, steel furniture, and even car parts. The high capacity of this paint sprayer means you don’t lose valuable time in stopping to refill your sprayer regularly.
The maintenance process is simplified as you can easily disassemble the parts when you are through with the spraying. There is a detailed operation manual to put you through the disassembly process. Notably, this sprayer has a unique heat emission design.
This paint sprayer has 3 unique spray patterns, including the round pattern, vertical flat jet, and horizontal flat jet. All you have to do to swap between spray patterns is to rotate the spray tip. Their valve knobs can be adjusted as you desire.The long power line gives you more flexibility to alter your working distance. This power line is 5.9Ft long. There are 3 nozzles (in addition to a 1.0mm copper nozzle) for your selection.
These are the 2.5mm/ 2.0mm/ 3.0mm nozzles. This means you can readily maneuver the output rate for your spraying material. Such a feature enables you to achieve more precious when painting, reducing unnecessary wastage.
- More consistency and uniformity in coating finish reduces the incidence of roller marks being left behind
- 3 unique spray patterns make it easy to alter the flow rate and achieve more painting accuracy
- Quick painting for edges, corners, and overall surface
- The valve knobs can be adjusted as you like
- It provides a professional finish with no brush marks or roller marks
- The cleanup process is easy as this paint sprayer can be readily disassembled
- Impressive holding capacity
- Refilling is much faster thanks to the detachable canister
- It is not very sturdy, being made of ABS plastic which lacks the traditional strength of polycarbonate materials
- The detachable canister should have been bigger
There has been increasing clamor for spray guns that allow for more control and flexibility. This is the inspiration behind the design of the Fuji T-Series Spray Gun. With this spray gun, you can achieve improved spray performance at lesser time with larger freedom. Overall, The T-Series allows you excellent atomization, giving you more responsibility over the results.
This T-Series Spray Gun boasts an ergonomic design, which is overall sleek and portable. Compared to the average weight of other spray guns in its category, the T-Series is lighter by a 20% margin. The implication of this is far reduced susceptibility to fatigue when using it. This is relatively fatigue-free design is enhanced with the presence of the Easy Pull Trigger.The fan of this spray control can be maneuvered to just any size (large or small) depending on the spraying job. This achieved by the pattern control knob. If you want to achieve smaller patterns, you can turn the knob anticlockwise. Turning clockwise gives you bigger patterns.
One notable feature is that the Fuji T-Series Spray Guns have non-bleed designs. This design implies that unless you pull the trigger, air can’t permeate the spray gun.
There are a couple of other features that make the T-series spray gun more attractive. This includes the Rear Rotating Nipple (which works well for pressure tubes), an ergonomic stay-cool handle, metal knobs, and stainless springs.
- Gives the operator commendable atomization and control
- Impressive non-bleed design
- Increased precision and is easy to use
- The air cap is very efficient
- Far reduced chances of fatigue on the operator being a lightweight spray gun
- The tendency of spray pattern to evenly fan out
- There could be a need for an extra air compressor
16. Wagner 0529033 Home Décor HVLP Paint Sprayer, 6′ Hose, Chalk Paint Spray Gun, Milk Painting Tool, Latex Paint Spray for Home, Spray Painting Gun, Finish Sprayer
The Wagner 0529033 Home Décor HVLP Paint Sprayer gives a premium finish, such that you wouldn’t have to agitate about brush marks. It is versatile and can be used in finishing a broad range of surfaces, including crafts, interior décor, cabinets, and furniture.It also works with many materials like sealers, paints, stains, and lacquers. The dial feature allows you to adjust the pattern, providing you with more customization options. This also gives you precision, achieving a much-needed economy of stain and paint.
It is portable and light. The weight of this paint sprayer doesn’t rest on the operator but rather on the ground. This is courtesy of the connection of the spray gun to the stationary base via an air hose. This air hose is as long as 6 feet. This way, you can readily move around your workspace as you spray.
- It is not fatiguing to use as the weight is kept on the ground
- The patterns are adjustable, giving you more options for your finish
- It is versatile and works with several types of materials like urethane, oil-based paints, latex, and stains.
- The air hose is long giving you more mobility and flexibility
- Little or no technicality in using it
- Significantly prone to clogging
- There have been frequent cases of difficulty in removing the cup
- May struggle with denser materials
- At the start, large busts of paints can be emitted
This is an easy-cleaning paint sprayer that works with a broad spectrum of materials while working well for interior and exterior home décor. The garden hose adapter port – as customary to Graco products – makes the paint sprayer very easy to clean.
This paint sprayer features a reversible tip that helps you work through clogs on the immediate. When you notice one tip is getting too clogged up, you wouldn’t have to stop to fix it immediately. You can simply reverse to the other end and temporarily continue your spraying.Another interesting feature about the Graco Magnum 257025 Project Painter Plus Paint Sprayer is its easy storage. Its portability stems from the presence of multiple small compartments, making it easy to keep your accessories and spray gun in one place.
This paint sprayer has a good reach with a very long hose. This Magnum 257025 Project Painter Plus fits in a hose as long as 50 feet. This means you can spray as far as the 3rd floors of buildings.
- It is portable and has a lightweight design
- It is versatile and less selective of paint type
- Premium finish
- Taking on larger projects with it is fun
- Need for improvement in the design
- Frequent overspray problems
- While it is excellent for larger projects, it may struggle with smaller workspaces
18. Wagner Spraytech 0518080 Control Spray Max Corded Hvlp Paint Sprayer, 120 Vac, 5 A, 510 W, 80 Cfm, 2.7 Psi, Multicolor
Wagner 0518080 easily ranks among the top best high volume low-pressure sprayers in the market today. Its portability, combined with its sophistication, makes it a favorite of homeowners for their painting tasks.
It is mobile and can be readily moved about with just one hand with an impressive reach. Such mobility is even further enhanced with the addition of a 20-feet long hose, making it easy to work around larger work areas without stressing yourself carrying the paint sprayer about.
The cup located just below the gun is responsible for holding the paint. A 10-level dial makes it possible for you to vary the pressure. There are also 3 distinct spray patterns giving you valuable diversity in your coating finish.More interestingly, the Wagner 0518080 Control Max HVLP Sprayer is furnished with a 2-stage turbine. This produces the appropriate power to work with denser materials without the need for thinning.
Admittedly, some users may not be too comfortable with the Non-bleeder type HVLP model of this paint sprayer. This means the trigger doesn’t do more than just ejecting the paint as air is perpetually released by the unit. This may need some time to acclimatize to it.
- It is versatile and can spray a broad range of materials
- It requires little or no technique to use
- It is easy to work longer distances
- Diversity in spray patterns and adjustable pressure
- Quick and easy maintenance
- It can be quite noisy
- The speed reduces when you move to larger workspaces
- The power cord could have been longer
Important Features to Consider Before Buying
Not every paint sprayer is worth your money. There are critical considerations to watch out for when you pick paint sprayers. These features (or parameters) will determine the suitability of the paint sprayer for the objectives you have in mind, their capacity, and how well these paint sprayers can work in your conditions.
The number of horsepower of your spray painter is crucial when buying one. Well, the amount of power you need majorly depends on your goals. If you are looking for high-power paint sprayers, you will do well to consider airless paint sprayers. However, if you are just painting small stuff like your little furniture, you wouldn’t need paint sprayers with significant power.
The power capacity of the paint sprayer in this regard must match the task at hand. If you are working with thicker paints, you obviously need a paint sprayer with higher power, which can provide sufficient pressure.
This saves you the labor of having to thin paints before you go on to spray. One big advantage of using high-power paint sprayers is the speed that comes with the spraying process.
Admittedly, the volume of the paint sprayer will not influence your buying decision as much as the power would. The volume comes into play when you are considering the holding capacity of the paint sprayer. If you are keener on portability and convenience, then you would make do with smaller paint sprayers.
These are more mobile and easier to move around. The downside, however, is that you would have to refill it frequently. Of course, this wouldn’t be enjoyable when you want to get the job done very fast.
Should you choose to refill as minimally as possible, then you clearly need a bigger paint sprayer with more considerable paint holding capacity. The downside to this also is that it would be heavier to carry around.
By standard, you can expect airless spray painters to hold an average of 5 gallons of paint at a time after which you would refill. There are models of airless spray painters that hold as much as 10 gallons while there are those that hold as little as 1 gallon.
The holding capacity, most times, influences the cost. This is why you see that bigger sprayers that have larger capacity belong to the high-end tier, as seen with high-powered paint sprayers.
Adjustable Pressure and Tips
When choosing paint sprayers, you have to watch out for flexibility. This means going for a paint sprayer that can get as many spraying tasks excellently done. To achieve such flexibility, it is better to aim for sprayers with adjustable pressure.
This type of sprayer allows you to control the pressure depending on the task you have: low pressure for smaller jobs and higher pressure for bigger spraying jobs. It is common to see airless paint sprayers equipped with tips to achieve such adjustability in pressure.
It is also good for tip-equipped paint sprayers to come with soft brushes. These brushes are valuable in cleaning the tips as the latter is vulnerable to deterioration from wear and tear. This enhances durability.
In the same vein, a paint sprayer with reasonable control puts you wholly in charge of the spraying process. With enhanced control, you can decide which spray pattern you want and also vary the pressure of the spraying.
This way, you can handle bigger and smaller spraying tasks efficiently without having to suffer calamities like overspraying.
Paint sprayers are commonly divided into plastic sprayers and metallic sprayers. Of the two types, plastic sprayers are more common.
Your choice between plastic and metallic sprayers depends on your budget and also the project you intend to use it for.
Plastic sprayers are more affordable and suitable for those hunting for low-end sprayers. They are more portable and lighter, as seen in most handheld paint sprayers.
Overall, plastic paint sprayers are more suited to spraying smaller projects. A plastic airless sprayer is just perfect for this. Admittedly, plastic paint sprayers are not very durable.
If you have a big spraying project on hand, it is advisable to go for metallic sprayers. They are much sturdier and durable. More importantly, metallic paint sprayers are designed for high-pressure applications where the motor of the paint sprayer will be producing a considerable amount of horsepower.
You don’t expect plastic paint sprayers to withstand such high power. They would easily wear and tear in the short term.
Clogging is a popular menace in spray painting. A clogging paint sprayer makes the job terribly harder (while killing the sprayer), especially when you desire a smooth finish.
This is why many paint sprayers are furnished with filters. Filters reduce the frequency of your sprayer clogging. This way, your sprayer is sure to last longer.
Ease of maintenance is a core determinant of your choice of paint sprayer. You need to get a paint sprayer that is much easier to clean. Such a cleaning process is fundamental to the longevity of your sprayer. In all, you need a sprayer that is easier to detach and flush out.
This is why many paint sprayers today are designed to work with a garden hose to make the maintenance process more fluid. Some also come with the right set of soft brushes so you can efficiently clean the filters and tip anytime you are done spraying.
Safety is non-negotiable when choosing paint sprayers. Despite how wonderfully a paint sprayer would get a job done, you must be fundamentally safe using the sprayer.
For newbie homeowners who are just starting out in spraying, it is advisable to go with airless paint sprayers.
Airless paint sprayers are far less dangerous and tolerable for those with little spraying experience. If you don’t have sufficient expertise, stay far from compressed air sprayers. This is because of the enormous dangers associated with air compressors upon mistaken applications.
Size and Weight
As we said, the size and the weight of the sprayer will determine how convenient it is to use the sprayer. One features that majorly decides the size and weight (in terms of overall built) of a paint sprayer is the motor design.
HVLP paint sprayers are not as big as airless paint sprayers. This is because the latter has more power. If you are not going to be moving around frequently in your spraying project, you can for bigger and heavier paint sprayers. For those who would, lighter and smaller paint sprayers may be more suitable.
Take note that heavier and sturdier paint sprayers can be outfitted with a handle and rollers that make them more mobile. Of course, such additional accessories will shoot up the cost.
You Might Also Like:
- 10 Best Countertop Dishwashers Reviews and Buying Guide
- 10 Best Electric Log Splitters Reviews and Buying Guide
- 11 Best Broadcast Spreaders Reviews and Buying Guide
- 13 Best Backpack Vacuums Reviews and Buying Guide
- 13 Best Inspection Cameras Reviews and Buying Guide
Mike Zhang. Founder of FamilyLifeShare