Brad nailers are a popular choice when it comes to easy and effective carpentry, but which one is the best? That’s where I come in and express to you more in-depth information about the best Brad nailers.
Our top choice is the PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nailer Kit. It has the capacity to shoot nails directly into the material of your choice; while at the same time presenting you with an aesthetically-pleasing trim.
Have you ever constructed a structure, then realized that your nails aren’t working out the right way? We’ve been there before, and it can be a frustrating process for any carpentry project. That’s why Brad nailers are an essential part of any handy home or commercial project.
- PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nailer Kit, 18GA (PCC790LA)
- Makita XNB01Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 2″ Brad Nailer
- DEWALT DCN680D1 Cordless Nailer Kit
- Hitachi NT1850DE 18V Cordless Brad Nailer, Brushless Motor, 18 Gauge, 5/8″ to 2″ Nails, Compact 3.0 Ah Lithium Ion Battery, Zero Ramp-Up Time, Lifetime Tool Warranty
- Ryobi 3 Piece 18V One+ Airstrike Brad Nailer Kit (Includes: 1 x P320 Brad Nailer, 1 x P102 2AH 18V Battery, 1 x P117 IntelliPort Dual Chemistry Battery Charger) (Renewed)
- Orion Motor Tech 2 in 1 Cordless Nail and Staple Gun, 18 Gauge 18V 2000mAh Electric Brad Nailer and Stapler Kit with Rechargeable Battery and Charger (Portable Carrying Case Included)
- BHTOP Cordless Brad Nailer ＆Stapler， 2 in 1 18Ga Heavy Finish Nail Gun With 18Volt 2Ah Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery(Charger and Carrying Case） (2Batteries)
- Knox Cordless Nail and Staple Gun – 18 Gauge Brad Nailer and Stapler Combo with 2 Heavy 18V Rechargeable Batteries and Case – Single or Contact Firing
- Ryobi P854 ONE Plus 18V Cordless Lithium-Ion 2 in. Brad Nailer Kit (One Battery & Charger included)
- Senco Fastening Systems 6E0001N 18Ga Fusion Brad Nailer
- SENCO FinishPro? 18MG, 2-1/8″ 18-Gauge Brad Nailer (ProSeries)
- Makita AF505N Brad Nailer, 2-Inch
- Hitachi NT50AE2 18-Gauge 5/8-Inch to 2-Inch Brad Nailer
- BOSTITCH Nail Gun, Brad Nailer, Smart Point, 18GA (BTFP12233)
- Ryobi P320 Airstrike 18 Volt One+ Lithium Ion Cordless Brad Nailer (Battery Not Included, Power Tool Only)
- Ryobi ZRP320 ONE Plus 18V Cordless Lithium-Ion 2 in. Brad Nailer Battery and Charger Sold Separately (Renewed)
- VonHaus 18V Li-Ion Cordless 23 Gauge Pin Nailer – Cordless Battery Operated – Impact Depth Adjuster – No-Mar Tip – Includes Battery, Charger & 500 Pin Nails – Carpentry & Finishing
17 Best Cordless Brad Nailers Reviews
When looking for a great product to serve your next structured project, look no further than the Porter-Cable 20V Max Cordless Brad Nailer Kit.
One of the best features of this Cordless Brad Nailer Kit is the fact that there is no compressor needed because it’s battery powered; which also gets rid of the hose, or the need for high-end gas cartridges.
The power behind this tool is awesome because with a diameter of 18-gauge, the depth adjustment wheel that permits you to properly countersink nails with persistence.
You’ll be able to increase your productivity with the other features including the tool-free release lever, and jam release.
Also included in this deal is an integrated belt hook!
- Included 1.5 Ah 20V Lithium ion battery
- 3 year warranty
- Saves money on gas.
- Great value for cost.
- Up to 1,300 nails per charge.
- Thicker trim may require more force.
- Short battery life.
With standard features, the Makita XNB01Z Brad Nailer is a good device for your small and personal project.
You’ll be able to drive a range of 18 gauge brad nails from ⅝ of an inch to 2 inches into your wooden structure to create a great and clean trim; and the magazine capacity is up to 110 nails, with ease.
There is also a 2-mode selector switch for ordered or contact nailing performance. Of course we can’t forget about the adjustment dial, which will provide you with an array of ways to conduct and finish your projects in the most efficient way possible.
A cool feature about the Makita Brad nailer is the anti-dry drive mechanism, which was created to reduce the driving of blanks that could damage your work surface.
And you’ll be able to work fairly quickly due to the fact that this nail driver delivers up to 1,660 finish nails with the strength of an 18V LXT battery.
- Easy to use tool.
- Rubber bumpers to protect your work surface.
- Increased versatility based on battery power.
- Battery is not included.
- Has challenges with hardwood.
- Misfiring may occur.
The DEWALT DCN680D1 Cordless Nailer kit can provide you with premium production at an affordable rate.
Let’s start with the fact that there are no cords, hoses, or gas needed because its 100% battery operated! Have you ever done a carpentry job at night?
Well now you can due to the multi-functional LED lights that will help to provide your work area with a substantial amount of illumination for better sight, for both day and night production and building.
When it comes to the contact actuation modes, have no fear because the DEWALT Nailer has tool-free selectable triggers that provide it for you; and sequential is also an option for you as well.
One of the best parts about this machine is the feature of the low nail lockout, which prevents dry firing, and unpleasant marks on your work material.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- No compressor needed.
- Perfect for home and small DIY projects.
- Tool-less action on the nose piece.
- May require more power for thicker wood.
- Safety mechanism may jam after several uses.
- Only compatible with DEWALT batteries.
Although the Hitachi brand is now known as Metabo HPT, it may have changed its name, but it still has the same great service behind it.
With the Hitachi NT1850DE Brad Nailer, you’ll be free from annoying air hoses and compressor due to the fact that this machine is battery operated with a 3.0Ah Lithium ion battery that is ¾ of an inch shorter, and .6 pounds lighter than the typical 3.0Ah battery.
This makes this option extremely portable.
The brushless motor has a long running time, which means less maintenance, for you, and increased durability of the nailer.
The selective actuation switch can transition between sequential mode and bump fire mode, will the tool-less depth of drive can be maneuvered for flush drives into different types of building materials.
Included in this productive package is ion battery, the charger, contractor bag, and a pair of safety glasses.
- Fits with all Hitachi 18V slide-type batteries.
- Great battery life.
- Easy portability for on-the-go projects.
- No compressor hassle.
- Work efficiency may be challenging in tight corners.
- Nail jams may occur.
The Ryobi Airstrike Brad Nailer truly is a kit considering that you’ll receive the nailer, the charger, and the battery all in one set.
To begin with, the P320 nailer can utilize ⅝ of an inch to 2 inches long Brad nails at 18-gauges.
Its useful features, such as the adjustable knob for air pressure, a belt clip, LED lighting, and a rubber overmold on the handle will provide you with major convenience with every project that you engage with.
It has a selectable drive mechanism with contact-actuated mode, which allows for 60 nails per minute to be pushed out; while single sequential mode will permit precision of your nail placement.
The P117 charger can be fitted with any Ryobi 18V battery, both Lithium ion and Ni-Cad models.
What’s cool about the charger is that it has IntelliPort technology that informs you of when the battery is full to save you energy. The battery itself is compact for easy handling, and be fully charged in half an hour!
- Great for small and large projects.
- Quality nailer performance.
- One nail per second can be driven.
- Great value for price
- Nose is slightly large for tight space.
- Low nail cartridge capacity.
You’ll get a great bang for your buck with the Orion Motor Tech Nail and Staple Gun. It comes equipped with a rechargeable 2000mAh li-ion battery for easy portability and charging.
Take advantage of the fact that that even without a compressor, this cordless air nailer and staple gun can create a neat and effective trim; did I mention that it nailer can deliver around 400 shots on a full charge, which is an effective feature for efficiency and quick stapling.
It can release 100 nails per minute, with a cartridge capacity of 100 nails or staples. It fits ¾ inch to 2 inches of 18-gauge Brad nails, and ¾ inch to 1 9/16 inch 18-gauge lightweight duty staples.
Enjoy the features of the non-slip and soft handle grip for extra safety, while the safety features itself is obligated to reduce accidental firing.
- Adequate value for cost.
- LED-light attached.
- Functional dual nailer and stapler.
- 10 Belt hooks included.
- Short battery life.
- Heavier weight and size.
- Routine tool maintenance may required.
Since you’re getting ready for your next do-it-yourself project, don’t forget to grab your BHTOP Cordless 2-in-1 Brad Nailer & Stapler.
It use 1 inch to 2 inch 18-gauge Brad nails, along with a suitable staple size of 1 3/16 inch to 1/9/16 inch 18-gauge.
It has an easy to operate dual mode toggle switch, which makes it easy to switch between single and contact firing modes; making high-intensity labor a bit more pliable for you. There’s also the adjustable nailing depth with is controlled by simply rotating the regulation knob.
A diligent feature about the BHTOP 2-in-1 is the safety switch which decreases misoperation with the push of a button.
Another big feature is the nail count of 400-500 staples or nails in a single round!
Revel in its other useful attributes like the air compressor, wireless use, malfunctioning indicator, and portable hook design for effective production.
- Effective nailer functionality.
- Adequate staple and nail capacity.
- Exceptional battery life and short charging time.
- 2 batteries included.
- Carrying case and charger included.
- May require periodic maintenance.
- Striker could be stronger.
- Thin case material.
We love to have choices within our society; and you’ll have the option to alternate between single and contact firing of Brad nails and staples with the Knox Cordless Nail and Staple Gun.
The dual mode makes switching back and forth extremely easy, and can fire up to 60 nails or staples per minute. This key feature provides a standard application of providing adequate trim to your next project.
It’s easy to use with select mode, and depress safety contact pin that can resist against the squeeze trigger and work material.
There’s also the depth adjustment wheel that will help it maneuver with different materials.
The Knox 2-in-1 is a complete kit that includes the Brad nailer and stapler, 2 batteries, with the charger, 18-gauge nails, staples, and work wrenches!
Best part is, Knox cares enough to provide your with a quality guarantee of a 1-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty to ensure your happy purpose.
- Included carrying case and charger.
- Two-sided LED lighting.
- Fairly lightweight.
- Good value for cost.
- May be challenging to find a replacement battery.
- Striker maintenance may be necessary.
- Consistency with accurate drive of 2 inch nails may reduce over prolonged use.
Quality service for a quality price is what you get with the Ryobi P854 Cordless Brad Nailer Kit. The functionality of this tool can drive ⅝ inch and 2 inch long 18-gauge nails with ease and efficiency.
It comes equipped with the standard adjustable knob located on the back for easy access to the air pressure, a belt clip, lighting , and the ever-favored rubber overmold on the handle for an effective grip.
With the contact-actuated mode, you’ll be able to drive up to 1 nail per second, while your precision would be taken care of by sequential mode.
The battery necessary for this device is the P102 battery, which is compact for easy usage, and only takes half an hour to charge.
An impressive feature about the Ryobi P854 is the IntelliPort technology that turns your nailer off once its fully charged, which saves you power.
- Works well for do-it-yourself and small commercial projects.
- Straightforward and easy usage.
- Great for trim work.
- Adequately lightweight.
- Battery power could be stronger.
- May require routine maintenance.
NuMax nailed it with the S2-118G2 Brad Nailer and Stapler.
This versatile and easy-to-use 2-in-1 device comes with some of the best technical assets such as durable and easy-to-carry aluminum construction, rubber anti-vibration comfort grip, and the tool-free adjustable depth setting for multiple applications.
It’s versatility will make you even more productive due to the fact that this nailer is capable of using two different fastener: 18-gauge Brad nails, and 18-gauge ¼ inch narrow crown staples.
It also has the convenient capability to use nails ranging between ⅜ inch to 2 inches for the nails, and ½ inch to 1-⅝ ; best used at its operation pressure of 60-110 PSI.
The NuMax Nailer and Stapler will make adjusting you setting easy, and you’ll be able to change the firing depth by using the wheel setting clockwise to increase it, and counterclockwise to decrease it; simple!
Take advantage of the 360 degree air exhaust, which can be rotated to keep air from blowing in your face while your trying to finish your trim; or use the exhaust to keep your area clean from dust and debris away from your work area.
- Very lightweight and portable.
- Air powered.
- Good value for money
- May leave an occasional mark on finishes.
- Any angle outside of perpendicular may cause malfunction with flush.
I’ll say this: the SENCO FinishPro 18MG Brad Nailer does have a more concise and oil-free design to it; and this factor is very important for getting into hard to reach places, without all of the bulk.
And because of its design, the nailer is pretty easy to use. Weighing in at only 4 pounds, the 18MG Brad nailer makes it easy to carry around the machinery, and all of the parts within it that’s encased in the durable magnesium body, which play another factor into its lightweightness.
The selective trigger will give you the choice of which setting you would like to hone in on, while the adjustable depth-of-drive will help you get that nail as deep as it will go in order to satisfy your carpentry needs.
The nails that are associated with this device can use tend to fit well into the cartridge with ease, and can be as small as ⅝ of an inch, but no more than 2 ⅛ inch of 18-gauge Brads.
- Higher-than-average nail size.
- Includes a carrying case, safety goggles, and nail storage.
- Drives nails well.
- Magazine may wear over several uses.
- May experience jams occasionally.
- Not meant for professional jobs.
Make way for the efficiently designed Makita AF505N Brad Nailer!
I’ll start with the cool feature of the dual nail reload indicator. It’s a small window that alerts you of when the nail cartridge is running low, and when to reload nails to avoid blank drives; how convenient!
Moving on, there’s also the multi-directional exhaust port which rotates 360 degrees to push out the excess heat and air away from you.
The nail gauge work stands at 18 Brad, with a range of at least ⅝ of an inch to 2 inches long; best part is that they’re suitable for both hardwood and softwood material. Let me not forget to mention that this nailer has a magazine capacity of up to 100 nails.
There’s also the point of the narrow nose design, that should help with those harder-to-reach areas of your project. And if there is a jam, you can use the convenient “tool less” quick release cam lock to easily clear it.
- Non-marring rubber nose and bumper comfort design.
- Includes tool case, oil supply, 2 non-mar tips, and safety goggles.
- Very lightweight.
- Great value for money.
- Not best for generic nails.
- Doesn’t have rapid fire function
- Nailer head my leave mars.
The Hitatchi NT50AE2 Brad Nailer can give you a solid bang for your buck based on all the features that it brings, along with its surprisingly efficient cost.
Tool-less feature makes it easy to clear out the nose for fast and easy nail extraction if there’s ever a jam. The safety behind the machine’s narrow nose piece and center allows for nails to be shot in the tight corners of your project.
If you’re not looking to go too deep, use the depth-of-drive dial to easily adjust the setting. And of course, let’s not forget about its 360 degree-releasing exhaust, providing the privilege of your device to function properly without overheating.
You’ll also like the lightweight aluminum body and sturdy magazine; they’ll make it more efficient to maneuver, considering that it’s only a little over 2 pounds.
At the standard size of nails, the Hitachi Brad Nailer can shoot nails between ⅝ of an inch to 2 inches of 18-gauge Brad nails.
- Extremely lightweight.
- Sleek design.
- Amazing value for cost.
- Dual-Firing Options
- Spring loaded may require routine maintenance.
- May require an in-line oiler.
BOSTITCH Nail Gun Brad Nailer has a unique position with the Smart Point Technology; it allows for easy nail placement into tight crevices of project material and structures due to the smaller nose.
From the head of this device shoots the 18-gauge Brad nails that we all know and love, at lengths ranging from ⅝ of an inch to 2 ⅛ inches!
Their tool-free jam release mechanism is pretty efficient as well, as it does a good job at removing nails that build up nail traffic.
One of the notorious attributes that makes BOSTITCH Nail Gun so impactful is it’s Dial-A-Depth control, which gives you precise countersinking of the Brad nails.
With this awesome set, you’ll be able to use the nailer, ¼ inch Air Fitting, Sample Fasteners, extra No-Mar Tips, as well as a carrying case for your productive convenience.
- Works well with floor trims.
- Lightweight and easy to operate.
- Great driving power.
- Awesome value for cost.
- May experience occasional jams.
- Shorter than average battery life.
- Nail plunger may require some maintenance after several uses.
On your next project, you may be looking for a nail gun that of a high caliber that’s easy to use; and the Ryobi P320 Airstrike 18 Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Brad Nailer might be right up your alley.
For a fair cost and quality craftsmanship, this nailer has a reputation for delivering up to 1,700 18-gauge Brad nails per charge with precision and strength.
You’ll find its build to be easy to handle considering that there’s no compressor, hoses, or pricey cartridges that are necessary to operate it; a cordless design for a smooth and strong connection.
What’s also convenient about it is the low-nail indicator that let’s you know that it’s time to reload.
- Strong force behind each drive.
- Easy to use.
- Awesome value for money.
- Great maneuverability.
- Battery replacement may seem challenging.
- Routine maintenance may be required to avoid overheating.
When you’re out on the job, you want a reliable nailer that will help you accomplish an amazing trim, and the Ryobi ZRP320 One Plus 18 Volt Cordless Lithium Ion Brad Nailer understands that.
It has the features that you may need to play the role of a great assistance to your carpentry expectations. The dry-fire lockout feature has been developed to extend the tools lifespan; providing you with a long-lasting Brad nailer.
Selectable drive shift with single sequential or contact actuation is another attribute that it provides to get you as close and deep as possible for a clean product.
You may also find the low-nail indicator a big help, so that way you can reload much faster – without drawing a blank – and head back into the project mode.
- Straightforward design and operation.
- Does well with fast-paced nailing.
- Decent cartridge capacity.
- Battery and charger sold separately.
- Slightly heavy.
- Sliders may need routine oiling.
Are you a handy person around the house who like to accomplish do-it-yourself projects?
Then an investment in the VonHaus 18 Volt Li-Ion Cordless 23 Gauge Pin Nailer might just be a good idea.
This device differs in the fact that it’s compatible with 23 gauge nails of 3 different lengths: ⅝ of an inch, 1 inch, and 1 ¼ inch, which works well for home moulding with your furniture or cabinets!
The lithium ion battery is compatible with other guns and nailer staplers for multi-functional productivity.
Take advantage of the twist control knob to adjust the force, which can ensure a flush finish with different types of softwoods.
The magazine has a decent capacity for the included nails, and there is also a great warranty included!
- Manufacturer’s 2 year warranty included.
- Magazine cartridge of 100 pins.
- Includes 500 1-inch Brad nails.
- Lightweight at only 3 ½ pounds.
- Battery included.
- Jams may occur.
- Not suitable for hardwood.
- Setting of nails may need extra force.
Things to Consider Before Buy
Nail Size & Length
It can be an annoying task to have to change nails during the middle of job; which is why it’s very important to start the job with the right size nails inside of your Brad nailer.
For a 15-gauge Brad nailer, the best brad nail size to use would be between 1 ¼ inch long and 2 ½ inches long; while an 18-gauge Brad nailer can handle nails between ⅝ inch and 1 ½ inch long, and these nails tend to be much thinner than those of the 15-gauge.
Overall, search for a nail that will be long enough to fully penetrate the underlying material that you are using by about 1 inch.
Brad nailers do their best work on wood material.
The reason for this is because the staples themselves are thin enough to simply go directly into the wood, without splitting it. Wood has a specialized attribute of thickness that allows nails to go through it with the smallest hole possible.
It definitely makes for a cleaner look of the product, while reducing the amount of potential splitting that can occur. Thin Brad nails are best for connecting lightweight wooden pieces, especially around bends and corners of the structure.
The best wooden projects to use Brad nailers for are cabinetry, moldings, and trims; while other applications are still acceptable for your specific project.
Of course there are many brands of Brad nailers, but only a few types: 15-gauge and 18-gauge. Maneuvering these Brad nailer is a simple process which entails the simple adjustment of the depth settings.
The process of adjusting the nailer depends on several attributes, and becomes a game of trial-and-error. One of the main factors for adjustability is the size of the nail itself. This facet will either make the process more efficient or less effective.
Another adjustability feature for Brad nailers is the fact that it has the capacity to bend about corners and adhere to the size and thickness of the wood.
Brad nailers are an ultra cool tool that can definitely make labor-intensive jobs a lot easier; however, due to their size and the fact that they shoot thin nails out at high speed, safety is the number one concern. Check out these awesome safety tips for Brad nailers that I have for you:
- Always wear protective gear (a pair of goggles and gloves.)
- Refrain from resting with your finger on the trigger.
- Always use the handle to grab the nailer, not the hose.
- Use your dominant hand while operating the nailer.
So what do you think?
Are any of these Brad nailers up to your standards? They have to be able to adjust to the setting that you desire, as well as provide power and force behind each drive, and do it in a quick, efficient, and clean manner.
All of the choices have their own unique style, yet they all serve a purpose to help you achieve your carpentry goals.
But one stands out among the rest; the Porter-Cable 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nailer Kit stands to satisfy most-to-all of your trimming needs.
With its high nail capacity rate and included extended warranty, you can securely build the structures with professionalism and ease.
Mike Zhang. Founder of FamilyLifeShare