We all know that someone who needs their coffee before they start their day; and that’s why this article about the best coffee makers with a grinder is so important to any coffee drinker.
Our choice for the best coffee maker is Breville the Barista Express Espresso Machine. It has special features that stand out from the rest, has high-quality functioning, and will serve you some of the best coffee that it can create!
There’s more to learn about this awesome coffee maker, here are the products we reviewed.
- Breville the Barista Express Espresso Machine, BES870XL
- Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind & Brew Thermal 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker
- BLACK+DECKER 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffeemaker, Black, CM5000B
- Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control Coffee Maker, Brushed Stainless Steel
- Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine in Silver. Pannarello Wand Frothing for Latte and Cappuccino Drinks. Espresso from Pre-Ground or Whole Bean Coffee.
- Cuisinart DGB-550BKP1 Grind & Brew Automatic Coffeemaker, 12 Cup, Black
- Gourmia GCM4850 Grind and Brew Coffee Maker with Built-In Grinder – Adjustable Grind Size – Cup Selection Dial – Brew Strength Selection – Keep Warm Function – 6 Cup
- Capresso 465 CoffeeTeam TS 10-Cup Digital Coffeemaker with Conical Burr Grinder and Thermal Carafe
- DELONGHI ESAM3300 Super Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine
- Viante Mini Grind and Brew Coffee Maker with built in Coffee Grinder | Bean to Cup Machine Uses Whole Coffee Beans or Ground Coffee | 4 Cups Glass Carafe | Coffee Strength Selector | Compact Size
- Saeco Incanto Carafe Super Automatic Espresso Machine with AquaClean filter, Stainless Steel, HD8917/48
- KRUPS KM785D50 Grind and Brew Auto-Start Maker with Builtin Burr Coffee Grinder, 10-Cups, Black
- Gevi Coffee Maker 10 Cups Drip Grind and Brew Coffee Machine Built-in Burr Coffee Grinder for Kitchen and Office,Silver and Black Color
- Cuisinart DGB-1 Single Cup Grind & Brew Coffeemaker
- KRUPS EA8250 Fully Auto Espresso Machine, Espresso Maker, Burr Grinder, 60 Ounce, Black
15 Best Coffee Makers With Grinder Reviews
Start your morning with a great cup of joe from our best pick, Breville the Barista Express Espresso Machine.
It has amazing features like the Dose Control grinding with the conical burr grinder that works well with any roast of been. The precise espresso extraction has digital temperature control and will give you optimal coffee at the right temperature.
What’s also awesome about this machine is the grind size dial, which gives you control over how you would like your beans grated and blending.
The Barista Espresso Machine has simple and effective settings like single or double shot, adjustable grind amount and manual override, it’s powered by 1600 watts, and includes all the mechanisms you’ll need for the perfect cup of coffee.
- Fully loaded espresso machine.
- Great blending power.
- Good versatility between settings.
- Makes delicious coffee.
- The top and sides of the machine are plastic.
- The water filter will have to be refilled more often than average.
- A bit on the premium cost side.
If you are looking for a concise and compact machine that will still deliver you your coffee on time, then check out the Cuisinart Grind & Brew Thermal Automatic Coffeemaker.
This 24-hour fully programmable machine has auto shutoff, brew-pause feature, and Grind off function for those minute moments of interruption.
There’s the double-wall insulated stainless steel thermal carafe that holds up to 12 cups of coffee, and keeps your coffee warm for good while! The coffee bean hopper is about 8-ounces, can hold half a pound of beans, and has a built-in burr grinder for strong and precise grinding.
So cool features to mention would be charcoal water filter and gold tone filter that aids to ensure the freshest and boldest coffee flavor, and it includes a measuring scoop for easy coffee making!
- The pulse feature makes coffee taste great.
- Durable material.
- Keeps coffee warmer for a longer time period.
- Grinds the coffee very well.
- May have a challenge fitting the carafe in perfectly each time due to spacing.
- Pretty loud grinder.
- Spillage may occur while pouring.
BLACK+DECKER pulls up with its 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffeemaker and changes the coffee game in a much better way.
You’ll enjoy the integrated grinder and brew filter that creates fresh coffee at a pretty fast speed. It’s an all-in-one design that makes grind whole beans easy, and creates an aroma that will be difficult to resist.
You’ll also be able to brew your favorite cup of coffee as the grinder quickly prepares whole beans, and can also be switched to normal brewing with pre-ground coffee.
What’s special about this machine is the QuickTouch Programming, which is the setting that will allow you to set up a 24-hour auto brew so that your coffee is ready for you when you want it.
Plus, the backlit display of the time will help you see your coffee during those early dark mornings.
- Can hold up to 12 cups of coffee and keep it fresh.
- Easy Pause Brew feature.
- Good value for the price.
- Well-built machine and material.
- May occasionally leak water.
- The grinder, and overall machine, may seem like a challenge to clean.
- The carafe is made of sensitive material.
Another coffee maker that may peak your interest is the Breville Grind Control Coffee Maker.
You can choose from 8 different strength settings, and use pre-ground coffee or full coffee beans inside of the ½ pound bean hopper; the locking system is also convenient for easy placement, removal, storage, and transfer of the coffee.
It has a brewing capacity of up to 12, with a water tank capacity of 60 ounces, and is made of strong stainless steel material.
The LCD screen will give you real time feedback on water level, grind size, strength selection, brewing time, and grind time! Luckily autostart is a feature, and will start preparing your coffee at the exact time that you desire.
- Auto-start works very well each time.
- Holds a large amount of water in the tank.
- Brews hot coffee.
- Adjustable strength settings are convenient.
- Brews coffee slowly.
- Material quality may show dents over time and usage.
- Whole coffee beans may clog often.
With an intriguing and modern design, the Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine will give you an inkling for coffee every time you see it.
A special feature of this machine is the pannarello wand frothing for cappuccinos and lattes; and the wand also doubles as a hot water dispenser for tea and other great water-based beverages.
You can access the dregs drawer, drip tray and water tank easily from the front of the machine for quick cleaning and maintenance as well. It has a user-friendly display, and an LED display with lit icons for easy reading and coffee tracking.
The Rapid Steam technology should be mentioned also, as it heats coffee beans, brews, and steams, in a fast manner; and the 3.2 to 4.5 inch cup height range will help you catch every bit of this quick coffee production.
A nice insurance for this machine is the 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty that can be used on the whole machine, and it’s parts.
- Easy to use device and buttons.
- Create a nice hot cup of coffee efficiently.
- Great blending power.
- Decent value for your money.
- Water tanks only hold 20 ounces of water.
- Water may enter the base during production.
The Cuisinart Grind & Brew Automatic Coffeemaker has the capacity to make your life much easier with its 24-hour programmability.
It has a 12-cup glass carafe with an ergonomic handle, dripless pour spout, and knuckle guard. Whole beans can be grinded before brewing to produce much fresher coffee; but don’t worry, pre-ground coffee can be used as well.
More awesome features include the brew-pause mechanism, auto shutoff from 0-4 hours, and is a compact device that doesn’t take up much counter space!
Impurities are removed by the gold tone commercial filter and charcoal water filter, and the separate grinder chamber and filter area makes for a fair clean up.
- Its size is a space saver.
- Timer function works very well.
- Produces quality flavor for the coffee.
- Easy to use design.
- Noisy grinder.
- May seem difficult to pour out the last bit of coffee from the bottom of the carafe.
You want your coffee when you need it, and the Gourmia Grind & Brew Coffee Maker can make this happen for you.
The grinder finely grades the beans to a small and specific size, while it brews the coffee directly to your liking. It has the infamous burr grinder design with 18 grind settings to retain aroma, prevent bitterness, and create uniform grounds consistently.
The water reservoir is pretty easy to remove, dump out, and refill when the time comes too; while you can customize your brew strength between a lightweight cup of coffee, or a heavy brew with a strong reaction!
Be sure to take full advantage of the one-touch buttons and digital display, including the feature of making your selection of 2, 4, or 6 cups of coffee per brew.
- Pretty easy to clean.
- Decent material quality.
- The hot plate stays hot for 30 minutes after brewing, which keeps the coffee warm.
- Optimal strength setting isn’t very bold.
- Occasional dripping may occur from the machine.
- There’s no indication of when the coffee is finished.
Start your day off right with a nice brew from the Capresso TS Digital Coffee Maker. It has features about it that will make you consider trying it out.
The machine has a fine grinding system that will grind whole beans before brewing for the attempt to create a bold and fresh flavor.
The conical burr grinder is my favorite part because it’s attached with direct-feed technology from the grinder, to the reservoir, directly to the carafe, and into your cup! The carafe has a 10-cup liquid capacity, and the bean container can hold up to 6 ounces of beans.
No paper filters are necessary; simply use the integrated goldtone filter, which is also dishwasher safe when it comes time to clean it.
The Capresso 465 Digital Coffee Maker is also easily programmable; you can set the time on it, as well as set it up to automatically grind the coffee, then brew it at whatever time you set!
- No residual steam to clog the grinder.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Carafe pours well with little-to-no drips.
- It’s smaller size is a space saver.
- Doesn’t handle oily beans well.
- Carafe collects water inside of it during wash.
Coffee is great, right? But what if you want something to feel a bit more fancy? Something more bold? Try out the DELONGHI Super Automatic Coffee Maker, that also doubles as an espresso machine!
Its patented “Cappuccino System” has a frother that mixes steam and mik to create a rich and creamy froth for your next cappuccino. In addition, this machine has an easy-to-use rotary and push button control panel with menu settings that are customizable.
The bean container has a nice size capacity of 8.8 ounces, while the coffee grounds container can produce around 14 cups of coffee per brew; and this is due to the beans being grounded instantly with the system’s `direct-to-brew”.
So if you desire an optimal medium-roast coffee, or a simple and elegant espresso, then the Super Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine might be right for you.
- Awesome blending power.
- Creates a flavor brew and cappuccinos.
- Fairly easy to clean.
- Decent value for money.
- The water reservoir is sort of small; refills are often.
- Grounds bin has plastic tabs which can be prone to snapping easily.
So what happens when you want a new coffee maker, but don’t have enough room for one? You start looking into purchasing the Viante Mini Grind and Brew Coffee Maker.
It brews more often than most because it has the capacity to brew smaller batches; so you’ll be able to start sipping sooner than later! It also has a small environmental footprint due to its smaller size, and is a definite space saver on your counter due to its small dimensions.
It’s reduced height makes filling the frinder with beans easier, and filling the water tank with less hassle. With the Viante Mini, you’ll receive greater flexibility by being able to use both whole beans or ground beans.
The best part about this small wonder is the coffee intensity selector, which allows you to choose between light, medium, or heavy roasted coffee, so that you can be properly energized for the day ahead.
- Decent value for money.
- Easy to use button functions.
- Creates a fine flavor.
- Can be cleaned within one minute.
- May have to be cleaned often.
- The spring valve may need routine maintenance.
- Only has a 2-cup capacity.
Sometimes, having a coffee maker is cool simply because of the aesthetics of it; and the Saeco Super Automatic Espresso Machine is full proof of this sentiment. It has an elegant and sleek stainless steel design that uses high-grade workmanship for an ultimate craft.
The machine is great at making creamy espressos or latte macchiatos with one push of a button thanks to the detachable and hygienic milk carafe. The disc grinder is made of 100% ceramic; which allows for a durable grind and consistent performance, and also creates a great natural taste.
It’s pretty easy to maintain and clean because the brewing unit can be conveniently removed; while the automatic cleaning and descaling procedures will help you in keeping a clean machine for a clean taste.
Oh! And it has a large capacity within its compact design: it can hold 8.8 ounces of beans in the container and holds up to almost 60 ounces of water!
- Large water tank capacity.
- Ceramic disc grinder is very durable.
- Very pleasing design and structure.
- Heater boiler heat the liquid up really fast.
- No indicator for low water.
- Fairly loud sound while in use.
- Does not work well with dark roast oily beans.
The KRUPS Grind and Brew Coffee Grinder will fit very well into your home as your new appliance. Why? Because it has a great size to fit on your counter, without taking up a lot of space.
The intuitive controls and clear LCD screen make for a user friendly design, and ensure easy programming for optimal coffee making.
This machine has a decent 10 cups of coffee capacity, and the built-in conical burr grinder grinds the beans before brewing for a smoother and richer aroma and taste.
Customize the coffee to your liking, even if you want as little as a 2 cup brew; and take full advantage of the 5 grind settings from coarse to fine, and choose your intensity and brew strength with 3 flavor options of mild, medium, and strong.
The auto start feature is convenient so that you can have your coffee when you want it, and can stay warm in the carafe for up to 2 hours! And if you’d like, you can also use the Brew Pause feature to sneak in a cup before the entire pot is brewed.
- Keeps the coffee decently warm.
- Fair price for value.
- Makes a great brew with fresh beans.
- Some of the grinds may not get wet, which causes waste.
- May experience inconsistent brew strength.
- Loud grinding noise.
Did you know that the Gevi Coffee Maker is waiting for you to take a look at it? Be sure to take a good look at its stainless steel black and silver frame, that’s meant to keep its internal mechanisms safe and sound.
It’s fully automatic that will brew a max of 10 cups of coffee from grinding the beans with its built-in burr grinder design. This design will also allow you to grind beans from course to as fine as you would like it to be.
There are also two selections of flavors for you to choose from: regular or bold. I’ll throw in the fact that it has a programmable time functioning system that lets you set up the time to brew the coffee; a bonus is that it will keep the coffee warm for about 2 hours!
But if you are feening for a cup before the pot is filled, simply use the Brew-Pause function, which will stop brewing for 30 seconds, then automatically start it again.
- 2 year After Sale Service.
- Brews hot coffee and keeps it pretty warm.
- Great value for price.
- Works well with both ground and whole beans.
- Taking apart the grinder for cleaning may seem challenging.
- The water tank is narrow, and may seem difficult to fill.
What I like most about the Cuisinart Single Cup Grind & Brew Coffee Maker is its simplicity.
This intriguing little fellow has a smaller-than-typical form, and does a wonderful job at keeping the counters clear from clutter.
The simplicity comes into play with the grind and brew features, which gives you a personal pot of 16 ounces, which can brew one to two full size mugs of coffee.
In addition, the grinder for this machine is a blade, and automatically grinds whole beans, and dispenses the grounded coffee right into the filter basket; how convenient! Another feature that you’ll enjoy is the simple control programs.
At the touch of a button, you can easily add the beans, add the water, press the “Grind & Brew” button, and you’ll have your coffee sooner than later! Check out the Grind-off feature, that allows you to use pre-ground coffee, in addition to whole beans.
- The prefabbed filter works well.
- Uses a fraction of the electricity compared to other coffee makers.
- 3 year Manufacturer’s Warranty.
- Internal mechanisms may seem hard to clean.
- Condensation may occur during production.
- Coffee strength could be stronger.
With a formal and unique design, the KRUPS Fully Auto Espresso Machine can get you a cup of joe just as fast as your local coffee shop. It runs on a fully automatic 1450-watts of electricity, has an easy and compact design, and a doable water tank capacity of 1.8 liters.
It does have a conical burr grinder, which will catch the flavor of the beans as they are being processed; and you can use the adjustable grind setting to choose your brand of brew.
The user friendly control panel has an LCD screen and knob for operating the machine in the easiest way possible, and the drip tray is efficiently about 10.5 cm, and has a decent distance away from the nozzle for your mug to fit in.
It’s special feature is the Thermoblock heating technology that has a 15-bar high-pressure pump and hydraulic automated tampering system to get you the most professional results in the quickest amount of time.
- Large bean holder capacity.
- 60 ounce removable water tank included.
- Removable drip tray and cake container included.
- 2 year warranty.
- Brews a great flavored coffee.
- Lower value for cost.
- Waste water tray is quite small.
- Construction material may seem delicate.
Things to Consider Before Buy
Burr or Blade
A blade is the propellor-looking apparatus within the coffee grinder that is used to mix and chop the coffee beans; while a burr is made up of two revolving abrasive surfaces, and the beans are ground in between them.
Burrs can give you both flat and conical grounds, and the distance between the blades can be changed, thus, changing the size of your grounds, and they usually come out in a uniform shape.
A blade does a great job as well, allowing you to dice and chop the beans into several tiny pieces; which will allow for an easier grinding process with little-to-no clogging or jamming.
Coffee makers have capsules and netted strainers inside of them to catch the bigger sized chunks of beans; and the strainer or filter size is what will determine the capacity of the amount of beans that can fit into the machine.
A lot of coffee makers have either a half of a scoop, one scoop, or two scoop capacity. In addition, the hopper can usually hold a quarter pound, half pound, or even one pound of coffee beans.
With this being said, take note that the more you put into the coffee maker, the longer it may take for it to filter; but when filtered correctly, you’ll be able to create a smooth blend of beans for you to enjoy.
The filter of the coffee maker is very important because it has the ability to add to the type of flavor that the coffee will end up having.
There are many different types of coffee maker filters to choose from, and each one has its function in helping to grind, store, and pour the coffee into your morning mug.
Some of these filters include paper filters which fit specific sizes and shapes of the coffee maker basket- metal filters, nylon filters, cloth filters, charcoal water filters, and even cold brew filters!
With all the different types, your coffee has the capacity to be produced in various ways, which can bring you all different types of coffee taste and brews.
A carafe is the glass or metal pot that comes with the coffee maker. This is a vital part of the entire machine, because without it, you would have nothing for that delicious coffee to pour into!
A carafe is usually large in size, but can also range based on the size of the coffee maker. Typically, the average carafe can hold between 8 and 12 cups of coffee. Some carafes actually do a pretty good job at keeping the coffee warm for at least an hour or so!
A cool attribute about a carafe is that it can be switched out with a different one, as long as the sizes are the same; making them convenient and highly useful for any coffee maker.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Cleaning the coffee pot is very imperative. It’s best to do it on a routine schedule -such as after every other load- because it will keep the machine’s internal parts functioning properly, and it will keep your coffee smelling and tasting good. Here are a few tips for cleaning and maintaining your coffee maker:
- Empty the coffee pot and dump out leftover grinds.
- Use about 3 cups of vinegar and 5-6 cups of cold water.
- Allow the coffee maker to brew a pot using this solution.
- Brew 1 or 2 more cycles of vinegar and water.
So what do you think? Did our list match up to your coffee-critiquing standards? I hope they did; but if there are more concerns, take another look at the list to decide on which machine would be a better choice for you.
Maybe our pick of the Breville the Barista Express Espresso Machine would suit you.
With its large bean capacity, efficient espresso mechanisms, and the overall great and delectable taste of both coffee and espresso, I’m sure that you’ll find some true interest in our offer. Take it for a spin and let us know how it works out for you!
Mike Zhang. Founder of FamilyLifeShare