Real love stories never come to an end. Thus, married couples in a strong and long-term marriage definitely have a lot of wedding anniversaries to spend.
But as time passes and romance slowly withers among husbands and wives, forgetting anniversaries wouldn’t be a surprise. Can you blame them? They’d be celebrating it for the rest of their lives! A miss this year won’t hurt, right?
Well, for you and for me, skipping an anniversary date night might be okay or not, but one thing’s for sure, making an effort to celebrate it yields favorable outcomes for couples who’ve tied the knot.
Good and old memories are remembered, romance is reinvigorated and love is rekindled when two people spend time to commemorate the day they got together. An anniversary date is also a time to reconnect, a chance to reflect and a valid excuse to leave the daily stressors of work life. What could be more exciting than a getaway with your spouse?
So if you’re married for a long time now, don’t let your anniversary become just an afterthought! If you don’t have the luxury of shopping for gifts, why not give her a simple card with a love note with quotes about love and your real feelings?
Here are 100 anniversary quotes and messages you can use in a card to fire up romance on your date night!
100 Anniversary Quotes
- Hon, I feel so blessed to have someone like you. You never get tired of loving and caring for me, of supporting and understanding me, and of staying and forgiving me for whatever I’ve done wrong. I know we don’t have a perfect marriage but I am very proud of how far we’ve come and how mature we are now in this union. I know we are still a work in progress but as long as we have each other, I’ll never be worried. Happy anniversary to us honey. I love you.
- The day is here again, my love. I can’t seem to remember every moment of this day but I could remember when I first saw you and stared at your beautiful face. Happy anniversary and may we have more years to spend together!
- Darling, our anniversary always reminds me of that momentous day when we made a promise to love and take care of each other. I’m so glad and blessed that even after all those tough years, we are still in love. I must say that it has been a very exhilarating and adventurous journey. And now, I don’t know what I would do if you had not been my better half. I’m so thankful that I have you to have and to hold until death do us part. I love you darling.
- The way you love me babe and the way you touched my life the way I exactly wanted to be loved and held. I wish that this journey we share would never end. You are the reason why my life is special. Happy anniversary!
- Nobody needs to tell me that my marriage with you is not perfect. I know for a fact that we have our downs but we do have our ups and plenty of it. There’s no place I’d rather be than right beside you, sweetheart. I have embraced all the rocky roads and the roller coaster rides I had with you. I don’t plan to change a thing. Those bumpy roads made you and me stronger in love. I love you. Happy anniversary.
- Happy anniversary to the sweetest spouse in the entire universe. I didn’t think it was possible to love you any more than I did the day I married you. But magically, my love only grows every single day. I love you more today than yesterday, babe. And I’m afraid I will love you even more the day after tomorrow!
- I love you, dear. You and I have changed over the years but the magical spark between us shall never fade. My love for you gets even stronger each day. Happy anniversary.
- Honey, our anniversary doesn’t merely mark the day we got married. It reminds us of all the days that followed after that day. A full year of loving and taking care of each other. This anniversary is about you, the best spouse in the world, who never fails to put a smile on my face and sends butterflies fluttering in my belly. I love you. Happy anniversary.
- Happy anniversary to the only person in the entire universe who I want beside me every single day and every night for the rest my life. I love you, sweetheart. Happy anniversary!
- When two people are connected at heart, it doesn’t matter what you do, or who you are or where you live. There are really no boundaries or barriers. I know that because in our marriage, there’s no barricade that can stop us from loving each other more and more each day.
- Happy anniversary my loving spouse. Having you by my side makes me the happiest, most grateful and luckiest person in the world. You are my soulmate. I love you.
- If I can make everything I want happen, I will hold your hand when we’re a hundred years old and proudly say that we made it. You and I have been through so much but at least we are together. I know there will be more challenges in the future but I know that we’ll make it though. We have the guidance of God and our special love for each other. Happy anniversary and I love you.
- Happy anniversary, dear. Sometimes I wonder how you put up with me but then I remember that I put up with you too. I think that makes us even. I love you!
- When I look at you, my dear, It doesn’t seem like you’ve aged. To me, you’re just as beautiful as the day we became engaged and got married. Happy Anniversary.
- Sometimes, I honestly get jealous of you. Despite your weaknesses and mistakes, you still managed to marry the world’s most beautiful and brilliant woman. Well, I’m talking about myself. Haha! Happy anniversary, my sexy husband!
- Babe, thank you for showing me what true love is. You have made me a better person and have given me a life that’s even better than my most beautiful daydreams. Sharing my life with you was the best decision I’ve ever made. Every moment with you is a dream come true. Happy anniversary!
- I can never tell you enough how beautiful you are, how much you make me smile and how much you mean to me. Happy anniversary to you, my love.
- I love celebrating our anniversary because it reminds me of that day when we gave our lives to each other. It has been quite a ride but I’m so grateful that I have someone like you holding my hand and telling me that everything will be okay. Thank you for loving me. Happy anniversary!
- In a place where a lot of things can be uncertain, you are the one thing that I will always be sure of. Happy anniversary, my love!
- Our anniversary is special because this is the day that my biggest dream came true and that was to be with you for the rest of my life. Thank you for making even the most ordinary days feel like celebration. Thank you for always being supportive, brave, and funny. I love you. Happy anniversary!
- There’s nowhere else I’d rather be than right here by your side on our anniversary. Happy anniversary, darling. I hope we have more anniversaries to spend together.
- I know that it’s not possible to love you more than I love you right now. But I know that tomorrow I will. And the ironic thing is I still will love you more the day after that and the many days, weeks, months, and years that follow. I will love you today and forever. Happy anniversary, sweetheart.
- If I could spend a whole lifetime showing you what love means, I would. I would spend my whole life caring for you, supporting you, and encouraging you. I will show every day that I hold you close in my heart and regard you as highly as the stars. I love you very much.
- My love, I will never forget the way you first looked at me and the way your hand felt holding mine. I will never forget the way you told me that you loved me, and that magical feeling of our first kiss. I will never forget that moment I realized that I was in love with you. Always remember that my love for you will never fade. Happy anniversary!
- I know that we are two completely different people, each with his own heart, mind, and soul. But even if that’s the case, we are always the same in our belief that you and me, we belong. Happy anniversary, dear.
- In the many years that we have been together, I have fallen in love with you many times. Funny I always fall in love with the same person over and over. It was always with you. Thank you for loving me since day one. Happy anniversary to us, babe!
- As we grow older each year and we go through different things on our own, one thing will never change. That is how I will keep on falling in love with you over and over until forever. Happy anniversary!
- Happy anniversary, honey. It has been a hell of a ride. I love every moment of and all the good and the bad of it. I love you for all the things that you do that show your love for me. I love all of it because they made us the power couple that we are today. Happy anniversary!
- Hon, I fell in love with you not because of who you are but because of how I feel about myself whenever I’m with you. I fell in love with you because of how you make your dreams come true as well as how you encourage me to make me reach my dreams. I love you because you pull out the best in me and make all my beautiful dreams a reality. I love you and happy anniversary, hon.
- Let me thank you for staying with me even when you had all the reasons to walk out after all the crazy years we’ve been together. Thank you for believing in me and for focusing on the wonderful things that we have. Thank you for never giving up. Thank you for making life easier when everything else is just hard. I love you.
- When I think about forever, I think of only you and me. I am overwhelmed by the number of seconds, minutes, days, weeks, months, and years that comprise it and that I will be spending them with you. But it wouldn’t bore me. In fact, I am excited to see forever with you. Happy anniversary.
- My love, you hold a space in my heart that’s reserved only for you. No one else will ever come close. You have given me every reason to smile and be happy every day. I hope that I make you happy the same way that you make me. Happy anniversary to us!
- When the going gets tough and life becomes too overwhelming, the best thing we can do is to just hold on to each other. That’s what we must always do forever, my love. Because you and me, there’s no leaving each other in our vocabulary. Happy anniversary.
- You, my sweetheart, had been home to me for the past years. You’re the only person who makes me feel safe and protected, loved and cherished, and happy and satisfied. If I had to live my life all over again, I would still choose you. I will find you and choose you. Happy anniversary!
- Babe, thank you. You love me in a quiet and steady way that calms me and makes me feel secure. You are my home. In your arms is where I truly belong forever. Happy anniversary.
- The years I spent with you have been nothing but amazing, my love. You have shown me what unconditional love is. I look forward to growing old with you and sharing more happy years with you. Happy anniversary!
- Because of you darling, I find joy in the little things. I laugh more often and even a lot louder. I shed tears a little less and feel happy and loved a lot more. Thank you for making the crazy and ordinary. I love you.
- Whenever our anniversary day comes around, I am reminded of the promise that we made to each other. A promise of love that I am so blessed to have with you. I thank God every single day for He gave me a partner like you. Thank you for being my answered prayer and thank you for making all my sweetest dreams come true. Happy anniversary.
- Honey, I want you to know that whenever I picture myself feeling at peace, secure, and happy, it’s always me with you. You are the only thing that comes to my head when I think of happiness. I love you very much.
- From the first time I laid eyes on you, I knew that we would be spending the rest of our lives together. I knew that you and me were meant to be. You are my rock, my inspiration, and my home. Thank you for coming into my life right when you did. My life has never been the same since I met you. Happy anniversary!
- Babe, believe me. I’m not kidding when I say that whenever we kiss, I can taste the next one hundred years of my life with you. I will spend those years happy and full of love with only you. Happy anniversary.
- No matter how many roads we walked on in the past, I’m thankful that our paths crossed at just the right time. I don’t know where I would be if I hadn’t met you. Every day, I thank God that we met and fell in love. I love you very much.
- People say that when you’re not sure about something in your life, just go and follow your heart. Did and it led me straight to you. You are my soulmate. My one true love. My destiny. Happy anniversary.
- Another year of sharing mornings and nights, of dreams and wishes, of fears and disappointments, of love and hope has gone. But another year of overcoming challenges, celebrating triumphs, and loving one another immensely has come. I love you, my love. I wouldn’t trade our life for anything else. Happy anniversary!
- There are not enough words that can describe how much love I feel for you. But please know that everything I do, I do with love. Because I love you deeply. Happy anniversary my one true love.
- Darling, you have shown me what true love means. You are the reason for all my best days and you give comfort in my worst days. You cheer for me and encourage me and you love me best of all. Thank you for being my life partner. I love you so much.
- I guess it’s true that a good relationship is like a casserole. Only those who make it truly know what goes in it. I know that for real because I’ve been there. And I was there with you all the way. I love you dear and happy anniversary.
- You know, being married to you is probably the best thing that ever happened to me and I thank God every day for giving you to me. I don’t know what I’d do without you. Thank you for everything that you have given me. Happy anniversary, my love!
- You know that there’s no place I’d rather be than with you. I’m just so happy that we’re in this thing together. To my lover, my best friend, and my everything, happy anniversary! I love you always.
- No words can express just how thankful I am to have a partner in life like you. You have been my rock and my refuge, my home and my haven. All that I am now is because of your love. This day is a reminder that God really loves me because He gave me a wonderful blessing like you. Happy anniversary!
- “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness – and call it love – true love.” – Robert Fulghum, True Love
- “For you see, each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” – Rosemonde Gerard
- “Those monumental anniversary celebrations aren’t what ultimately determine the actual direction of our marriage. Rather, it’s the here and now. It’s those daily decisions we make individually and together that influence how our relationship actually fares in the long run” – Ashleigh Slater
- “I wouldn’t change a thing, as happiness you bring. You are my soulmate. A marriage made by fate.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “For you see, each day I love you more.Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” – Rosemonde Gerard
- “You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love… I love… I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.” – Darcy
- “It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life” – Rita Rudner
- “There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.” – Martin Luther
- “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” – Maya Angelou
- “You can’t stop loving or wanting to love because when it’s right, it’s the best thing in the world. When you’re in a relationship and it’s good, even if nothing else in your life is right, you feel like your whole world is complete.” – Keith Sweat
- “After all this time, your love is blooming in my heart like a fresh flower and spreading the fragrance of happiness. Happy Anniversary.” – Debasish Mridha MD
- “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
- “I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.” – John Green
- “I never loved you any more than I do, right this second. And I’ll never love you any less than I do, right this second.” – Kami Garcia
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Herman Hesse
- “As we grow older together, As we continue to change with age, There is one thing that will never change… I will always keep falling in love with you.” – Karen Clodfelder
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – A. A. Milne
- “Grow old with me, the best is yet to be.” – Robert Browning
- “You were made perfectly to be loved – and surely I have loved you, in the idea of you, my whole life long.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “Forever is a measure of time used by people who share an ordinary love. Our extraordinary love is immeasurable… for us, forever just won’t do.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Whatever our souls are made of, yours and mine are the same.” – Emily Brontë
- “Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years.” – Simone Signoret
- “The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men, it is said, have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.” – George Moore
- “Marriage is an act of will that signifies and involves a mutual gift, which unites the spouses and binds them to their eventual souls, with whom they make up a sole family – a domestic church.” – Pope John Paul II
- “I love you not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” – Roy Croft
- “Come, let’s be a comfortable couple and take care of each other! How glad we shall be, that we have somebody we are fond of always, to talk to and sit with.” – Charles Dickens
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr Seuss
- “Let us celebrate this anniversary with a toast remembering the blissful memories and countless moments of love.” – Debasish Mridha MD
- “I have great hopes that we shall love each other all our lives as much as if we had never married at all.” – Lord Byron
- “An anniversary is a reminder as to why you love and married this person.” – Zoe Foster Blake
- “I will spend an eternity loving you, caring for you, respecting you, showing you every day that I hold you as high as the stars.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Love seems the swiftest but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century.” – Mark Twain
- “Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- “Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you I had no control over.” – James Blunt
- “There is no mystery — that’s the beauty of it. We are entirely explicable to each other, and yet we stay. What a miracle that is.” – Kamila Shamsie
- “I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking toward me and realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you.” Cassandra Clare
- “Twenty-five years of happiness known.A very long time, yet so quickly it’s flown!It’s nice to remember the good times we’ve had,and leave in the past any things that were bad.” – Norman Wesley Brooks, “From Your Loving Husband on Our Silver Anniversary,”
- “Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate.” – Barnette R. Brickner
- “The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one’s relationship has a growing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing; it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of divine accident, and the most wonderful of all things in life.” – Hugh Walpole Sr.
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” – Pablo Neruda
- “In terms of my marriage, you know, falling in love with my husband was by far the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” – Caroline Kennedy
- “You have made me a complete person. You are everything to me. And I cannot think of living life without you. And I love you forever.” – David Gest
- “Mom and Dad were married 64 years. And if you wondered what their secret was, you could have asked the local florist – because every day Dad gave Mom a rose, which he put on her bedside table. That’s how she found out what happened on the day my father died – she went looking for him because that morning, there was no rose.” – Mitt Romney
- “You are every reason, every hope and every dream I’ve ever had.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “I love you, with no beginning, no end. I love you as you have become an extra necessary organ in my body. I love you as only a girl could love a boy. Without fear. Without expectations. Wanting nothing in return, except that you allow me to keep you here in my heart, that I may always know your strength, your eyes, and your spirit that gave me freedom and let me fly.” – Coco J. Ginger
- “A happy marriage is a long conversation that always seems too short.” – Andre Maurois
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more; that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds …. That’s what you’ve given me and that’s what I hope to give to you forever.” – “The Notebook”
- “Our anniversary is a time to look back at the good times and a time to look ahead to live our dreams together.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there’s a life after that, I’ll love you then.” – Cassandra Clare
100. “So swiftly have the years sped by,Since our hearts were young and gay,That it is hard to realize,Even though our hair is gray,That it was fifty years ago,When we took that sacred vow,To cherish and love each other;And we have from then till now!” – Gertrude Buckingham, “Our Golden Wedding”
Time constriction or a restless schedule shouldn’t be a barrier to remember another milestone in your marriage. Anniversaries are important. Do we need to stress that further?
So, do your marriage a favor and think of ways to celebrate your anniversary even if you don’t feel like it. We know times can be tough for every relationship but whatever it is you’re going through in your marriage, an anniversary date, gift, or love letter is a good practice to nurture your romance!